Need help understanding your bill?
oldtimerbob's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 8th, 2018 2:21 PM

Is the "administrative fee" a way of hiking up my cell bill without going through normal channels?

Dear ATT Executives,

I really doubt if I will get any response to this complaint but I do believe customers deserve an answer.  This are sneaky, "back door rate rasises"!

For the last few months, you have been "jacking up" the "Aministration Fee".   Our bill was $91.13 our so for months , and now without a charge in service fees our April bill went to $91.53, May & June $92.63, now July it is $94.31.   You have raised my cost of cell service by $3.28 with any notice at all.

I spent a long time trying to find the reason, and 99% of that came from "Aministration Fee increases with NO explanation that I saw.

I found out by calling support that "IT" is in the FINE PRINT by ATT contract that they can change this, basically at will.

Now ........  How many more sneaky raises are we going to have to endure?   What happened to the Trump "Tax Breaks".  Did you simply add that to your profits?   This is shameful and I may just drop ATT like a hot potato.   We have been loyal customers of UVerse and ATT wireless and we deserve better than this.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

No, you won’t get a reply from any ATT executives. For what it’s worth, the new admin fee just happens to match what Verizon has been charging a couple of years. Why ATT did it in two increases, who knows. You were notified, or at least I was. This was on my May bill:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE: ADMINISTRATIVE FEE
If you are a Mobility customer, effective June 8, the Administrative Fee will be $1.99 per line per month. Please visit www.att.com/additionalcharges for more information about the Administrative Fee.

A similar notice was on my bill prior to the first increase.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@oldtimerbob

Carriers will not reply or justify their costs.  All you invite is some smoke up your skirt from Support, which may not know anymore than we do.  

Actually the increase from 76¢  went up to only 3¢ off Verizon’s long standing, and much higher admin fee.  Verizon’s fee was $1.23, ATT raised to $1.26.    My 4 year old Verizon bill shows $1.23 admin fees.   Now both carriers raised their fee to $1.99 per line.  

The admin fee is supposed to be for network maintenance and improvements.   Both carriers are upgrading the network to 5G.   It doesn’t take much of a leap to figure we are paying into that now.   

I would have thought they would have the sense to creep the fee up slowly so we might not notice.

FYI they could flat out raise plan prices, customers have no contracts for service prices anymore.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank for the replies to my question.  In my heart I felt it was similar to the answers I received but I felt the need to "vent or rant" a little, even though I knew it would do no good.   Thanks again,  oldtimerbob.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.