Need help understanding your bill?
Kansas33's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, April 4th, 2018 5:38 PM

Is the AT&T Visa Reward Card a SCAM?

Is the AT&T Visa Reward Card a SCAM? I initiated a Directv, AT&T internet, and AT&T telephone bundle with the guarantee of a $150 AT&T Visa reward card. I did not receive the reward card as guaranteed. I contacted the Customer Care Reward Center and was informed I would not be receiving the reward card because the 120 day threshold had expired. When I initiated the aforementioned service, I was not informed of a 120 day threshold. I received monthly bills from AT&T, but I did not receive any correspondence related to the AT&T Visa reward card. Therefore, I would like to know if the guarantee of an AT&T Visa Reward Card a SCAM? Did AT&T have any intention of honoring the guarantee?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I too was scamed

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I was told I’d receive $300.00 if I returned to Directv and att. I received a card for $200.00 and when I tried to get someone to listen to me finally I talked to a real person and was told it was to late to get the balance owed to me. I can’t believe they get away with this. What a load of garbage. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How can a company like ATT commit to something like this. Reward center shows a $100  balance. But it was declined when I tried to pay on Amazon. ATT helpline simply gave me a runaround.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I started an Order with ATT on January 6th.  I found a Code, which I entered before completing the Order and scheduling the Installation Appointment for $150 in Visa Reward Card Rebates!  The whole Time between 1/6/19 and Today, I was told I could claim the Reward after 30 Days after Installation.  It is now 2/23/19.  I called Yesterday.  The first Person I spoke with told me they could only find a $50 Rebate for when I made my Order and asked if I would be satisfied with that.  I said No. I want what I was promised.  They transferred me to Collections for DirecTV who said I shouldn't have been transferred there tried to help me, then when they couldn't, transferred me back, where I was again offered $100 less than I originally was signed up for.  Before I even called, trying to figure if possible to redeem my Reward with entering a Phone # or Account #, I see there is a current Promotion for $250.  Mind you, I have not received anything about a Reward in my Email or Post Box like an email I received Stated I would.  I could not find Proof to clear up the Matter makes me more annoyed than anything.  I feel like Everybody I have talked to is either calling me a Liar or are doing the best they can, which is not the Deal I made.  I have wasted plenty of Time that I feel I should not have had to do, especially when they are currently telling People they are giving away $200 more than what they offered me to brush me off.  I am going to pack up everything they ever gave me and we need to part ways!  I don't get paid to go back and forth and get juggled between Departments to solve Nothing.  If I did,I wouldn't mind.  If they can't honor their Side, I don't want any part of it.  And how I have had to go to the extent I have had to go to so far with no solution that shouldn't have even needed to be an Issue at all, I don't really want to deal with a Company that is going to make it this difficult for customers.  Bottom line.  Offer I was supposed to get $150, offer if order today $250, what they offered $50.  I didn't expect more than what was told to me.  Good luck

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am suppose to get a $200 award visa. I’m guessing this is a joke?

• 

3 Messages

I was told to watch the mail. Been watching...nothing. I've concluded that everybody is just out to get your money.

• 

3 Messages

Guess it called a bait and switch scam!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

If you can somehow Screenshot it, I would if you did it Online. I know of
someone who got their $250 for DirecTV. My $150 was supposed to be for
U-Verse. Same company. I hope you get what you are supposed to. I
believe there could have been an Error somewhere. I am most annoyed for
being offered less like it should suffice! When they complete an Order, all
details should be sent as well. I didn't think with AT&T being a major
Corporation, I would have to be that tedious! Again. Good Luck.
Technology has made things more convenient sometimes. If I signed that
Agreement with a Pen and had a Copy and Receipt, I could just say, "See.
It's Right here.". I really hope it works out for You! My Weekend was
ruined because I never even thought it would be a Hassle. Now. I feel
cheated. If I get what was promised, that sounds silly to me too at this
point. I shouldn't have to try so hard for something I shouldn't have had
to for in the first Place. I am not that desperate to beg for what I
deserve. Nobody should be., and it is wrong, especially knowing I am not
first!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hopefully it helps Someone! Seems to be a continuing Issue. If not
handling Customer Issues over the Phone 24 Hours a Day, would be a little
less stressful to have a way to email an Issue, and not have to hope my
Issue is seen on a Forum.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi my name is James Schultz and I didn’t receive my 250 visa rewards card after I installed my internet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have 3 different rewards. My 1st i claimed on April 9th it was mailed April 13th and I recieved it today April 15.

My 2nd reward i claimed on April 12th im just waiting on it to be mailed. The 3rd im waiting to be able to claim. So no it is not a scam.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The same thing is happening to me.  I signed up for Uverse and internet.  They promised me a $200 rewards card.  I called on 4/26/19 30 days after starting services.  The customer service person said they didn't have it in their notes.  They gave me some bogus number for the rewards center.  They told me to call 1 800) 288-9983 and when I call a recording says they had an emergency and can't answer calls what a rip off!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.