Need help understanding your bill?
daegunmin's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 19th, 2016 10:05 PM

Is my final bill pro-rated?

Hello,

Please anwser my question. Should I pay whole amount even I used one day during billing period? I want to pay what I used. 

Dec 2015

- ATT charged  $140.18 for entire bill cycle(Dec 12-Jan 11). 

- I canceled ATT account at 12/12/2015

Jan 2016

- ATT charged $111 for termination fee and $5.02 for late fee

Feb 2016

- ATT returned $106.99 for incorrect termination fee.

Still remaining balance is $149.21

I speaked with agent about this problem, but they cannot fix it. Because system won't allow to fix it. They knew it is unfair, but they cannot fix. What should I do? Should I pay whole? Please answer!

Kyoung

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

According to the terms of service, that you agreed to when you signed up for service, it states that AT&T does not prorate final month's service. Once the billing period starts, you are responsible for the entire amount.

All of the other providers have the same terms in their terms of service.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Service had to be terminated by the last day of the cycle. Terminating service on the first day of the cycle results in billing for the full month.

http://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#whatIsTheTermOfMyService

1.5   How Does AT&T Calculate My Bill?

Usage and monthly fees will be billed as specified in your customer service summary or rate plan information online. If the Equipment you order is shipped to you, your Services may be activated before you take delivery of the Equipment so that you can use it promptly upon receipt. Thus, you may be charged for Services while your Equipment is still in transit. If, upon receiving your first bill, you have been charged for Services while your Equipment was in transit, you may contact Customer Care 1-800-331-0500 to request a credit. Except as provided below, monthly Services and certain other charges are billed one month in advance, and there is no proration of such charges if Service is terminated on other than the last day of your billing cycle. Monthly Service and certain other charges are billed in arrears if you’re a former customer of AT&T Wireless and maintain uninterrupted Service on select AT&T rate plans, however, if you elect to receive your bills for your Services combined with your wireline phone bill (where available) you will be billed in advance as provided above. You agree to pay for all services used with your Device.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

#1 complaint I've seen by AT&T customers.

Your not alone, bub. The best you can do is convince all of your friends to jump ship. Worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

Since you're leaving it doesn't really matter to a company if this makes you mad, right?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Anonymous

You must be reading different posts.  The biggest complaint for the past 2 months is "When does my phone get marshmallow?"

For the record, NO CARRIER PRORATES FINAL BILLS.   Check the customer agreement with your new carrier, Verizon, T-mobile, Sprint and every prepaid is month to month, no prorated final bills.

Most of the policies of every carrier are the same.  The only differences are price and plan structure.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. How is it possible all wireless companies are into this unfair scam; this is anti-trust at the least.  What do they mean it’s their ‘policy’?  It’s 2019 and they can tell us how many seconds we were on the phone to Guam three months ago but they can’t pro-rate a bill??   Come on...

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

They choose not to.  Service is delivered month to month, as written in your customer agreement.  For the full month.  If you choose not to stay and use it, that’s up to you.  
‘Has nothing to fo with ‘anti trust’.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.