Need help understanding your bill?
LeanneBB2015's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 21st, 2018 4:45 PM

International overage

I was told in store when I signed up to share 20 with 3 people that I would need no extra package to travel in Canada. My children put their phones in airplane mode to take photos and I still was charged $400. What steps do I need to take to have these charges removed?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry but you were told wrong. Shared data plans include Mexico but do not include Canada. Only ATT’s unlimited plans include Canada. It might be possible to get Canada roaming added to your plan, but either way, to get the charges removed or to get Canada roaming, you need to call.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@LeanneBB2015 wrote:

I was told in store when I signed up to share 20 with 3 people that I would need no extra package to travel in Canada. My children put their phones in airplane mode to take photos and I still was charged $400. What steps do I need to take to have these charges removed?

IF they were in Airplane Mode, then AT&T would NOT know what country they were in, so that seems unlikely.

And IF you thought they were covered in Canada there was no need to put them in Airplane Mode.

Two statements that don't pair up very well.

From your bill: What is the NAME of your plan and how much data does it have?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks!!! I just think if they are in airplane mode that data shouldn’t be used. Oh well. Appreciate the reply!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.