For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
xwill316's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, October 21st, 2016 4:07 AM

Insurance deductible creating additional billings on my account

In August my wife broke her Galaxy S6 Edge+ and since she has insurance for it, she requested for a new one. AT&T sent her a replacement  Edge+ but it turned out it was a refurbished phone, she didn't like it so we sent it back right away. AT&T have since confirmed receipt of the phone yet have still not removed the $150 insurance deductible which they billed to us for the phone. It has been 3 months now and every time I call AT&T they push the blame to the insurance guys and I get transferred to the insurance guys who then transfer me back to AT&T and it's been going on like that for 3 months now. The $150 has been showing as a negative balance on my account and now they have begun billing us for having a negative balance.

Has anybody had a similar issue and how did they resolve it please because I have just about had it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

ATT does not insure your phone.  Insurance if from Asurion and they have to remove the charge.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I agree with you but Asurion did not place the bill on my account, AT&T did. After having returned the phone they should work with Asurion to remove the negative balance.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I agree with you but Asurion did not place the bill on my account, AT&T did. After having returned the phone they should work with Asurion to remove the negative balance.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

8 years ago

@xwill316 wrote:

Actually, they did cause that amount on your bill. AT&T paid Asurion, so it wants the money back from Asurion before removing it from your account. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks MicCheck.
I forgot to mention that Asurion confirmed the payment was returned to AT&T on September 19. AT&T still insisted they had not seen it. Anyway, I called customer service last night and told them I had had enough. They eventually took it off and refunded the charges.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Glad you finally got satisfaction. I was about to suggest getting ATT and Asurion on a 3-way call to let the two of them duke it out until someone (ATT) came to their senses.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.