Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Increase in bill

Highlighted
Contributor

Increase in bill

I just upgraded two old iPhone 4's to the iPhone 7. They didn't bother telling me that they were going to charge me an additional $15 per line per month for each phone for virtual voice mail. I never asked for and did not want virtual voice mail. If I don't accept the additional $360 per year charge they tell me I can remove the phones from my plan. Just another way company's like AT&T charge you more than you expected. They just slipped it in and I am stuck 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by Gary L
‎08-12-2017 2:19 PM

Re: Increase in bill

You are not paying extra for Voicemail.  That line fee has always been there, look at your previous bills.  

You are paying a line access fee for each phone.  ($40 - $25 discount).  Every device has a line fee on the Mobile share plans.  

What you are paying for, and did increase your bill, is the new phones.  Those charges appear as Next installments on your bill.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: Increase in bill

Previous discussion on this subject

https://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Visual-voicemail/m-p/4066674

https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Features/Visual-voicemail/m-p/5138495

And a copy of my bill showing my $40 line fee, less $25 discount, net $15.  

IMG_5803.JPG

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support