Need help understanding your bill?
CBro70's profile

Teacher

• 

37 Messages

Monday, May 20th, 2019 10:27 PM

Closed

I will be filing a Complaint!!!

BOGO free offer purchased January 31, 2019, today is May 20, 2019 and still not credit for 2nd phone. I followed every rule waited the 2 to 3 months of billing. This month is the 4 month and my bill is the highest I have ever received. Only been a customer sine 2000. That will all change in a few days I just need to know the process to file a complaint and call in to cancel all services AT&T and DirecTv. Thanks AT&T for screwing me over, the Chat is always unavailable and the Reps on the phone can never figure out what to do. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Are you sure?   Carefully read the requirements for your date of purchase.

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/landingpage/offers/Wireless-BOGO-Offer-Jan-April-2019.pdf

Most of the failed BOGOs are because a requirement was not met.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I agree AT&T has the worst customer service I have ever experienced! NO ONE can help with anything. I have also had an insue resulting from their BOGO promotion. I've been dealing with them for months; getting passed to different people on the phone, each one saying they can't help me. The store manager actually told me she would issue a credit. Went back to the store weeks later to find out the status since no credit had been issued. Discovered the manager never actually did anything after talking to me and when she finally did attempt to issue the credit she realized it was over her authorized limit so she just told me there was nothing she could do. 

I'm amazed they are still in business with this type of support. Jump ship people! Get out as quickly as you can because one day you will be in this same situation.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Bull hockey! You are peddling propaganda to support ATT. That is dishonest and a discredit to the honest people posting their issues on here! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I currently have a DIRECTV Account with AT&T and my wireless bill with them also but after my most recent experience I am cancelling both services with them. I recently had an issue where my Dish caught on fire and when the Tech came out he said it was due to the DISH not being grounded properly. All of my TVs in my home were surged as well as all the boxes. DIRECTV continued to charge me full price for service although I only had one working TV in my home because I was told by their claims company to see if the TVs could be repaired. So fast forward to when I submitted the claim they denied it stating even if the dish was properly ground the strike could've gotten through. I don't know how they would've known that. When the originally damage had occurred months before they came out to take a look around my home. That was only a way to deny the claim. I wouldn't do business with them any longer even if it was free!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I talked to customer service 4 times in the last 48 hours. I have given plenty of opportunity to fix my issue. I get a quick apology but no one is able or willing to address my issue. Just told to wait at home and I will get a call, text or email. It did not happen yesterday or this morning as promised. Spending the time searching fora replacement service for all ATT accounts. No one seems to care about losing a long time customer.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been fighting this same thing since 2017. I have 43+logged hours on the phone with customer service supervisors ect.... I have had 4 different ICU tickets created .I've been promised 5 times that the $799.00 would be credited as the device that was suppose to be free is not paid in full. Now to have my services suspended due to balance waiting on the credit.... 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

AT&T has the worst customer service and as such it borders on dishonesty. I called in regarding their phone trade procedure for returning my old phone after receiving my new one. I was transferred several times and eventually was told they are too  busy to take my call and I should try again later.

I suspect my only remedies are to file complaints with consumer affairs, the better business bureau and the FCC; although I doubt it will do any good. Anyone who gets involved with AT&T beware.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have been having ongoing issues with my account since June 2019 and things are continuing to go downhill. In 2019 I was billed for equipment and services I never received. I contacted customer service, the rep took $199 off my bill and then deactivated one of my standard receivers unknowing to myself. I then several months later tried to use the receiver and learned it had been deactivated but I was continuing to be billed for the receiver along with an updated service plan that I never authorized. I again contacted DTV in 2020 and was informed that my receiver was not able to be restored and was only credited for two/ three months for billing of the receiver which had been deactivated and the protection plan which I did not authorize. I was given advice by a rep to file a formal complaint, but with all the issues I had been experiencing with DTV I felt it would not help. I now am feed up with DTV due to multiple draft attempts from my bank account after paying with a rep on 12/17/2020. I had a payment agreement set for 12/18/2020 I asked the rep if I paid with her on the 17th would it cancel out the arrangement for the 18th, she insured me she would cancel that draft. I then got a call from another agency due to NSF, I then checked with my bank and looked up my online banking account to find that DTV had attempted to draft another $190 from my account. I contacted DTV and the fees were reversed and they paid my NSF fee because they assumed responsibility for their mistake. I then made another payment $95.69 12/28/2020, after making the payment I received another call from my CC company about NSF fees  because DTV again attempted to draft $190 from my account yet again. I contacted DTV YET again, the rep then Paid my NSF fees for my CC company as well as for my bank $42.  I then made another payment $42 to DTV 12/31/2020 to have a zero balance on my DTV account. I looked at my account yet again 12/03/2021 to find DTV had drafted $190 once again from my account after being told not once but on three different occasions that DTV would NOT continue to attempt to draft this payment from my account. I am beyond upset and now find myself in a situation because that was my insurance payment, therefore I will incur more fees from my insurance company and my bank due to NSF fees and late payments. I have my bills set-up on auto draft so there is no way to stop the drafts after the draft date. I will be contacting DTV first thing in the morning and hopes to resolve this issue and our contract of over 14+ years. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Unfortunately AT&T continues to rip off consumers with their confusing and seemingly dishonest billing practices. I traded in my iPhone for the new iPhone 12 Pro with assurances that I would receive a substantial credit toward the purchase price; At this point two months later they have me scheduled to pay $1100.00 after my trade in. I pay for four phone lines plus on for my iPad and half the time I cannot understand the charges and when I call AT&T I receive a song and dance that is not responsive to my questions. I guess my only recourse will be to leave AT&T as soon as legally possible since I get no satisfaction despite having been with them for over 20 years. I will make one more attempt to speak with a human on the phone tomorrow and try once again to resolve the issues

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

At this point two months later they have me scheduled to pay $1100.00 after my trade in.

@Jeffh2 Credits for your trade in take 3 bill cycles to show up. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.