I've been told two different prices for data overages

Mentor

I've been told two different prices for data overages

I am coming back to AT&T, and wanted to get one smartphone with the 1 GB plan. On the premier site ( which is for employer discounts), they told me that the overage on a 1 GB plan would be $25 per 500 MB's. 

On the regular site, they claim it is $15 per 1GB over.  Which one is it, or is the premier and regular plans different???

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: I've been told two different prices for data overages

On Mobile Share there are a few different overate rates.  Now these apply to the most current rate plans that AT&T offer so if you have an older Mobile share Original plan they may not be the same.  So for the plans 2GB - 50GB the overage addons are for 1GB and are $15.00 per addon.    The 1GB plan is $20.00 for a 500mb addon.   And finally the 300mb plan is $20.00 for a 300mb addon.  

You can also see this information right on att.com at the below link (which includes some of the older Mobile share overage rates as well): 

Mobile Share Value Plans

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Mentor

Thanks for the info, I couldn't find it on the site.

Message 3 of 4
Employee

There exist 2 versions of the Mobile Share Value 1gb. the original is $40 + price per phone, w/ $15/1gb overages, the new rates. The revised rate is $25 + price per phone, w/$20/500mb overages

So the revised version of the 1gb plan, is now $15 less, but if you go over, charges you more for less.

If you have the first one, I'd urge you to consider switching to the revised version.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support