Need help understanding your bill?
MommaT's profile

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

Monday, May 22nd, 2017 8:05 PM

I need HELP .... Please! Re: Free iPhone 7 promo that I can not get a credit for!

In January 2017, I called ATT and asked if there were any promotions for a free iPhone when adding a line. I have unlimited and Directv and the rep told me if I were switching the line from another carrier I would qualify for the free iPhone 7. Great! This is what I wanted to do anyway, so I advised her I wanted the free iPhone 7 and to switch my Straight Talk line to my ATT account. She started the process and told me she would just give me a new number if I didn't mind? Fine with me, whatever you need to do. Well little did I know she was not following the correct steps to get my credits for this phone. She did NOT "port" the number in from straight talk and gave me a new number which is not what SHE should have done. Now, I am being told that I cant get the credits because the line wasn't ported in. I have no idea how this could be my fault. Just because the rep didn't do it properly, I am being punished.

I currently have 5 lines with ATT, paying over FOUR THOUSAND per year and have been a customer for several years and simply cant believe that there isn't a way to get this fixed.

Someone PLEASE direct me on what I should do and how I can get this fixed

I have called in more than once, the first time I called in I was advised that the credits take 2-3 billing cycles and now I am being told I wont get it. It makes me crazy to call in and get different answers to the same question.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@MommaT 

But certain carriers weren't allowed for that offer, I think that maybe Straight Talk wasn't one of them. 

@lizdance40 was Straight Talk an eligible carrier? I can't find your list)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Got the list....

Switching from these ATT MVNO's would not qualify
420 Wireless, Aeris Communications, Inc. AirVoice Wireless,
Black Wireless, Boom Mobile, campusSIMs
Consumer Cellular, Cricket Wireless, Defense Mobile
FamilyTalk Wireless, Flash Wireless, good2GO Mobile
H2O Wireless, KDDI Mobile, Jolt Mobile
Net10 Wireless, Pix Wireless, Pure TalkUSA
Red Pocket Mobile, SkyView Wireless, Straight Talk
TracFone, UWT Mobile, and AT&T Gophone service.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks @lizdance40!

So even if you'd ported in a number @MommaT it wouldn't have counted for that promo. Sorry.

I know that doesn't help you any...

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

Well the problem I am having is the rep told me I could switch from Straight Talk with the promo that was being offered so I assumed she knew what she was talking about.... I just don't understand how I'm at fault when I just did what she told me to do.

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

Even when I was on the phone with customer service they said if it had been ported in like she was supposed to that I would be getting the credits. They never said it coming from Straight talk was an issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@MommaT wrote:
Even when I was on the phone with customer service they said if it had been ported in like she was supposed to that I would be getting the credits. They never said it coming from Straight talk was an issue.

@MommaT No one here is telling you that you are "at fault".

We're only telling you why we believe that you did not qualify. 

Although, I think at this point you'd agree that reading the offer yourself is always a good idea...

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

7 years ago

Guess I'm just looking for a way to resolve this, being as tho I'm not at fault.

Also assumed the person that's an ATT rep had the correct information.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.