Need help understanding your bill?
Kukens's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 11:56 PM

I'm billed more the I was told

Hi, I tried to cancel my account since I got better deal from Verizon. A att special customer service agent said she could lower my bill. She gave me the figures and when I got my first bill I was billed more then told. Have tried to solv the issue but unable to do. I have 2 phones out of cpntract and they use to be $40 but she said it would be $20 until I upgrade the phone but still charged $40 on these 2 phones

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Kukens If they're out of contract and on Mobile Share Advantage, they should be $20 a line.

Are you certain you don't have phones still with a commitment with AT&T? (Maybe not those two phones?)

Are you CERTAIN you aren't billed $40 and then a few lines down on the bill they credit you $20?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I have 4 phones and my new breakdown for the service is as follows
Service $80
Ph 1. $40. Contract to 2018
Ph2. $40. Contract to 1/6/17
Ph3. $20. No contract
Ph4. $20 no contract
Discounts $ 8
Total 192:25 plus taxes and insurance
With taxes and insurance it comes to $271. Was billed $359
Previous months I was billed $330
Have been with ATT For 20 years. And called to cancel my service since Verizon gave me better deals then their special customer service rep gave me a deal on new phones and found another plan that would cost less. She said it went from $330 tob$270 per month
This 270 is with 4 phones in contract but at the moment 2 phones are without contract so it would be $40 less so $230

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Yeah there is going to be a $20 credit on those lines. It should say DISCOUNT FOR ACCESS

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I have 1 phone contract to 2018, 1 phone contract to 1/6/17 and 2 phones out of contract their contract expired in October so those 2 would be $20 instead of $40. No there is no deduction only a $45 activation fee that was waived on previous bill but charged on this bill. Luckily I only have 1 phone in contract after 1/6 so I can then leave att after 20 years and go to Verizon they pay the cancellation fee. Don't like this shady sneaky way plus the nasty attitude some customer service reps have. Have tried to solv this but are not in us so I tried online with their service to communicate with them since I can't email them like before

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

No discount the new service bill is higher then previous 4 years bills and should be lower so no discount

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Kukens wrote:
Have tried to solv the issue but unable to do.

Tried to solve in what way?  This seems like an easy fix! (I'm kind of kidding, but it seems fixable)

If this is the first month, the bill being off isn't weird with the way the do it, it'll be too high this month and then level out, maybe with a low month in between (that's my experience). They do some wacky proration scheme that never makes sense until later (at least to me).

When you look on-line what does it say the CURRENT plan cost is? 

On the desktop, go to WIRELESS and choose VIEW MY PLAN & FEATURES the click VIEW COST SUMMARY. This gives me a really nice plan breakdown. (I'm not sure how this might look on a transition month).

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

I'm confused.   Are you saying $192 was the quote, but they are charging you $232?

because they are charging you $40 line fees in error on lines 3 and 4?

One call to ATT and this would be fixed.  They should see no contract on those lines.

Have you called?   I'm thinking this is a lot of fuss for nothing.  The rep could have put the phones in wrong as unde contract, when they are not.  

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I'm saying the the quote on new service was $192:25, plus insurance 3phones $23:97 and tax & surcharge 4 phones $54:52 a total of 270:74. I was charged $358:41. In the 358:41 is also a activation fee of $45 that was waived on previous bill when I upgraded I number to new iPhone.
But even after deducting the$45 the bill is wrongly charged

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

I know how to see the break down and there I see it's to hi charge. The problem is I'm not in us so I can't call them and they don't have email anymore.
Yes the first bill are usually higher because of taxes on phone bought. And activationsfee. Last bill that was the first bill with new contract was $300 they waived the activations fee on new phone. That bill was still $40 to much since the fee of 2 no contract phones should have been $20 each not $40 each so take away that 40 from the 300 then you are what I was quoted as new monthly charge incl taxes and fees. And that was Bette then the $330 I had paid last 4-5 years so that plus the lower price on iPhone phurchases made me stay with ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Both @lizdance40 and I think this should be an easy fix.

I'll ask you for clarification on your statement again.

@Kukens wrote:
Have tried to solv the issue but unable to do.

Tried to solve in what way? Have you called AT&T? 

But even after deducting the$45 the bill is wrongly charged

I was charged $358:41

It seems AWFUL CLOSE to the $40 difference.

IF the $40 was fixed, it seems like it would be right, $270.74+$40+$45=$355.74

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.