Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

I hope all of the AT&T community has access!!!!!!

Contributor

I hope all of the AT&T community has access!!!!!!

I would like for the entire community to be aware of AT&T’s misleading tactics. If you purchase a BOGO, do not make a large down payment or you could lose money. AT&T WILL NEVER tell you that either. If you make a down payment of 300$ on a 999.99 phone and you should get a 750 reimbursement then AT& T makes $50 off you and you never know. They are not going to correct the customer. They will go ahead and take your money. Then if you question them, they say oh yea, you paid 300 on a 999.99 phone so  you only owe 700 we are going to only give you a reimbursement of 700.even though they sold the phone with the customer under the impression the customer is getting 750$ reimbursement.  I am sure the customer would have only made a down payment of 250$ if AT& T had been transparent. No telling how many customers get deceived by AT&T

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: I hope all of the AT&T community has access!!!!!!

I doubt anyone was hiding anything. The store employee probably just didn’t know any better or perhaps they thought you knew what you were doing. This would not come as a surprise to anyone who knows how credits are given. Of course it is based on what is owed on the installment plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: I hope all of the AT&T community has access!!!!!!

@Smile4

You do know the promotion is frequently limited?  

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1248065?gsi=QHmzjBTb

Maximum credit may be limited to the base model phone.   For 2016 the maximum credit was $650 for most promotions.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: I hope all of the AT

You may be correct. But as a corporation, a huge corporation I might add, they should train their employees better! No I didn’t know any better. Why, because when it was explained to me, the employee added the amount of both phones and asked what my down payment was. Never telling me how it would be divided. And I will tell you I gave AT&T 1300.00 to be exact nearly paying for both phones. So yes if the MANAGER that assisted me would have put 1050.00 on one phone and 250.00 on the second phone then no problem. But instead AT&T now will pocket the monthy that should have been the customers. And yes I am sure this employee knew better as I have already mentioned she was the MANAGER of the store. AT&T doesn’t want to correct it. So to me that is stealing from the customer. I’m sure if someone stole something from the store they could not simply say I didn’t know any better!!!!!!
Message 4 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: I hope all of the AT

@Smile4

Wrote “No I didn’t know any better.”. Well that sums it up.  

Att wants both phones on installments.  You can pay off the “buy one” after credits start.  When getting a $700 discount you might want to know why and how.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support