Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more 

I have 6 lines I would like to know if I turned off 2 and it's been a year for them and tthe charge

Highlighted
Contributor

I have 6 lines I would like to know if I turned off 2 and it's been a year for them and tthe charge

Ok I have 6 lines I would like to return to phones and cancel only those 2 lines what would be owed 

Message 1 of 7
Contributor

Re: I have 6 lines I would like to know if I turned off 2 and it's been a year for them and tthe ch

At this moment you can totally check that from your account.

Best option to verify it will be opening a chat interaction on the AT&T web page with the Billing department as soon as you are logged into your online account and the rep. on the chat will help you checking this information.

Have a good day!

Message 2 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: I have 6 lines I would like to know if I turned off 2 and it's been a year for them and tthe ch

@CuriousGeorge3 If you are not porting those two lines, you need to call to cancel them. The only thing you will owe is whatever is owed for the phones. The line charges will just stop. If those phones are already paid off, you won’t owe anything. Your bill will just go down.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

If I owe on one phone can I turn it in 

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

No, turning it in is not an option. You own it, you must finish paying for it. After you pay for it, you can get it unlocked and sell it yourself.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Ok. So can I continue to pay the 20 month on it til it's paid off. But
still turn of phone
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

No. If you cancel the line, the balance of what you owe will be due. The only way to keep paying monthly for the phone is to keep the line open and keep paying for the line too.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support