Need help understanding your bill?
turtlevan's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 8th, 2014 6:01 PM

I changed my data plan mid-cycle and my data limit reset.

As the title would suggest, I've changed (increased) my data limit mid billing cycle. The support section of the AT&T website says that you're just changed your old rate for the part of the cycle that you were on that, and your new rate for the part of the cycle that you have that. That seems well and good, but my data limit has reset, which leads me to think there is going to be shenanigans on the bill. When I signed up for AT&T I had to pay a full month's bill for the first 3 days of service, so I have a bad feeling I'm going to be charged for two months worth of data (one at my new and one at my old rate).

Is the data limit resetting just a display bug/quirk of the website, and my usage hasn't actually been reset? The example given doesn't go over a data plan, just a voice plan, so I'm not sure if the given example necessarily applies.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

294 Messages

9 years ago

ATT only prorates the bill/charges. The data is not prorated. Whenever you switch data plans, you start fresh with whatever data amount your new plan has, even if it's the last day of the cycle. 

Even if you go back to your old plan within the same cycle, you still start fresh. So if you're on the 10 gb plan and change to the 15 gb plan, you'll be at 0 out of 15 gb that day. If you switch back (even within the same cyle) to 10 gb again, you'll be at 0 out of 10 gb again. 

Guru

• 

475 Messages

9 years ago

The bill will be prorated on each data plan. Say you changed mid month from 1GB to 2GB. you would be billed 15 days worth of 1GB and 15 days 2GB. No shenanigans.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.