Need help understanding your bill?
DiVito's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, March 26th, 2017 7:39 PM

I NEED HELP! AT&T owes us over 1 year of overpayments.

Both my wife and I were paying the same bill for over a year. We have spent the last 4 months calling to over 20 different contacts and all we get is" we cannot refund your $1700 dollars because it is against our policy. All they will do is allow us to work it off.  THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! IT IS OUR DESPERATELY NEEDED MONEY!

These calls are exhausting and costly, not to mention how rude these agents are.  We have a complete audit trail of every individual contacted and the amount of time lost trying to get our money back.  This is an illegal act to hold our money hostage. If we owed AT&T $17.00 they would be banging down our front door. 

They want to wear you down and treat you like a pest, while they skirt the law. 
I welcome any suggestions as we just want to get on with our lives and pay our bills.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

The overpayment is for what exactly?

I am just quoting the customer agreement that everyone signs here:

IF YOU DISPUTE ANY CHARGES ON YOUR BILL, YOU MUST NOTIFY US IN WRITING AT AT&T BILL DISPUTE, 1025 LENOX PARK, ATLANTA, GA 30319 WITHIN 100 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THE BILL OR YOU'LL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL AND TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY LEGAL ACTION RAISING SUCH DISPUTE.

So basically any incorrect billing had to have been disputed within 100 days of the bill or any dispute is forfeit. The most recent 3 months may be credited but it all depends, exactly what was overcharged?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

If you owed ATT money do you think they would be on it within a couple months?  

Or at least 100 days?   

Because that's how long you have t dispute a charge.  You are expected to check your bill monthly and immedialty report any problems.  

Read the terms of service, section 1.4

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement-list.html

Your talking $100 plus a month.  For what, and why did you not notice the bill was so high?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

My wife was paying an incorrect account number, while I was paying the correct one.  There was know way of knowing until it was discovered by accident.  AT&T took the money and just accumulated the extra payments into a non existent account until we caught the mistake. So, for over a year AT&T just parked the money without notifying the payee, that the account did not exist. I hope you can understand how the 3 month rule as nothing to do with this breach.

AT&T could have easily contacted my wife at any time to address the payments, but chose instead to just ammas he dollars. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

All we are asking for is the return of the double payment.  Why is this so difficult?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

We obviously never received a statement for the overpayment account! Why would we? AT&T just conveniently played dumb and kept taking the dollars. ILL GOTTEN GAINS by any definition.  This money is ours and needs to be returned, NOW! 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Holy cow.  That's bizarre.  So ATT will credit your correct account, but won't refund?

So if they did, you wouldn't have to pay your cell bill for a year.  Or upgrade 2 phones.   

Nuts.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, They say we need to spend it down. I tried to tell my other creditors that I would pay my bills if I had the money, but AT&T refuses to return OUR much needed dollars. This is so wrong in so many ways...

The audacity of this company. 

Does anyone know the email address of the president of Always Take and Torture (AT&T)?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Maybe a facebook posting of the true verifiable account, would get their attention!

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@DiVito wrote:

Yes, They say we need to spend it down. I tried to tell my other creditors that I would pay my bills if I had the money, but AT&T refuses to return OUR much needed dollars. This is so wrong in so many ways...

The audacity of this company. 

Does anyone know the email address of the president of Always Take and Torture (AT&T)?

I know you're frustrated, but my first piece of advice is to recognize that this was your wife's mistake and you are wanting a special consideration from AT&T, so act accordingly. Remember the old adage about flies and honey vs. vinegar. 

Second, from what you've said, AT&T is not trying to steal or keep the money paid in error. They have credited it to your correct account, so it will be used for your service. Accusations of theft will not only get you nowhere, they are simply wrong. 

That said, send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare giving them your account number and other information. If there is any way to override the policy (which isn't a guarantee) and issue a check for the credit balance, that is the group which will be able to help. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@MicCheck   Well reasoned.  Actually, once posted to the account, they can be asked to refund credit balance, which they might be willing to do by check and snail mail.   

Worth a shot.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.