Need help understanding your bill?
bill082288's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 18th, 2017 2:26 PM

Closed

How to file a formal complaint against at&t?

I am wanting to file a formal complaint against at&t, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I read that you can not sure at&t. We are being charged almost $300 for a bill we were told would be $170. Does any one know who to talk to since you can't sue.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

They just did the same to me. I took advantage of their BOGO  Galaxy s10+. I made the mistake of calling att to get help because it was not processing online.  I only had 1 line on my account and I explained that I wanted to upgrade my phone and add a line... well they added 2 lines.  The representative on the phone said not to worry I will only be charged for 2 lines. Just to activate the sim cards I will need and the other will not be active. So I agreed.. he was so convincing so then I see my account has 3 lines I call one day I'm on the phone 5 hours being bounced between 8 representatives, 2 of which just plain hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor. one claimed I would get a call back the next day. I've been getting misinformation after misinformation.  I had never had this bad of a customer service experience and I feel like I have no one to file a complaint to.  

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I too signed up for one of their so-called bundles but they didn't bundle anything so I have two separate accounts and all of the call centers are south of the border and no matter what number you call you always get the same automated voice. I have heard that voice so many times I could recognize him from his voice alone.

I signed up for internet direct tv and home phone. MY bill was supposed to be around 100$. I have so far paid almost four hundred dollars for two and a half months. It was at first explained as a one time fee. Not so.

Is their anyone who other than filling a complaint with the FCC does anyone know an easier way?

Has anyone forfeited on their twenty four month commitment and been billed for early termination fees?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I just spent the entire night talking too or chatting with people who had no idea what they were doing.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Why is your address in the states but your customer service phone lines are all south of the border?

I bet Trump is the best thing to have ever happened to you ripoff conmen.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@roerwier wrote:

I too signed up for one of their so-called bundles but they didn't bundle anything so I have two separate accounts.  

As you should.  Depending on what ‘bundle’ you still get eligible discounts.  

and all of the call centers are south of the border and no matter what number you call you always get the same automated voice. I have heard that voice so many times I could recognize him from his voice alone.

I signed up for internet direct tv and home phone.

Did you mean internet, DirecTV, and home phone.    ‘Internet DirecTV’ may refer to DirecTV now streaming service.  Punctuation is important so understanding is clear and correct.  DirecTV satellite and satellite internet are likely not to be on the same bill as AT&T does not provide internet everywhere.  

MY bill was supposed to be around 100$. I have so far paid almost four hundred dollars for two and a half months. It was at first explained as a one time fee. Not so.

For all 3 services $100 sounds low.  What exactly was included?   Service only?   Or service and equipment?

Is their anyone who other than filling a complaint with the FCC does anyone know an easier way?

Has anyone forfeited on their twenty four month commitment and been billed for early termination fees?

You can file a BBB complaint which typically gets a speedy response from AT&T. 

And AT&T has never NOT billed an ETF.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I filed a complaint with FCC I’m tired of the lies 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

DO NOT EVER TRUST AT&T!!!!! They are liars to the extreme.  They are thieves! They are condescending!  THEY are ALWAYS right and you the customer are ALWAYS wrong no matter what.  It is as if they think they are some sort of god.  I, for one, will do anything and everything to let all know how cheap and petty and crooked AT&T is,  I can say nothing nice about AT&T. You can have legitimate reasons for wanting a refund due to errors on their part, but the “loyalty department “ is extremely rude, crass and uncaring and STUPID.  I advise anyone and everyone NOT to use AT&T for ANYTHING, not even to wipe your bottom.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I dropped them a LONG time ago. Never go to AT&T. If you do you deserve whatever happens

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

That’s exactly what they do! They overcharged me by $1000 & refused to credit my account or elevate my call to customer service. Unethical business practices! They trust us to just pay the bill but we can’t trust them to only charge us what we owe! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Am I about to speak in person or superior in person who know an can help fix my issue before filming a complaint 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.