Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 7, 2012
7:51:38 AM
View profile
How to Opt out of Detailed billing online?

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen......

Short and Sweet. How does someone turn off detailed billing online? All I want is the Summary Billing and not the 25+ pages that come every month with the bill.

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen......

Short and Sweet. How does someone turn off detailed billing online? All I want is the Summary Billing and not the 25+ pages that come every month with the bill.

How to Opt out of Detailed billing online?

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2012 10:45:26 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thanks for your post @mccreadylori, if you visit att.com and sign in to your account there is an option for Bill/payments, Change billing parameters. 

If you have any trouble, send me a Private Message (blue envelope, top right) and I'll be happy to help. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Thanks for your post @mccreadylori, if you visit att.com and sign in to your account there is an option for Bill/payments, Change billing parameters. 

If you have any trouble, send me a Private Message (blue envelope, top right) and I'll be happy to help. 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How to Opt out of Detailed billing online?

2 of 13 (9,716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2012 10:45:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

I was wondering the same thing but I don't see the option billing parameters....I want my detailed usage off my bill online if possible

I was wondering the same thing but I don't see the option billing parameters....I want my detailed usage off my bill online if possible

3 of 13 (9,635 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2012 11:30:24 AM
(0)
Expert
Unfortunately removing the info from the online bill is not available only from the paper bill if you get one.
Unfortunately removing the info from the online bill is not available only from the paper bill if you get one.

4 of 13 (9,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2012 11:55:13 AM
(0)
Contributor
ugh - that should sooooo be an option.....
ugh - that should sooooo be an option.....

5 of 13 (9,629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2012 6:33:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

I can't seem to find the " change the billing parameters on my bill and payments page.  any help would be great.  thanks

I can't seem to find the " change the billing parameters on my bill and payments page.  any help would be great.  thanks

6 of 13 (9,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2012 7:23:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Check under profile - paper bill options
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Check under profile - paper bill options
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 13 (9,438 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2012 7:02:53 AM
(0)
Community Support

@tebone626, I responded to your Private Message and requested additional information so we can take care of this for you. 

Thank you,

Julie Rae

@tebone626, I responded to your Private Message and requested additional information so we can take care of this for you. 

Thank you,

Julie Rae

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 13 (9,408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:33:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

There is no such link - please update this answer.

There is no such link - please update this answer.

9 of 13 (6,893 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:37:35 AM
(0)
Contributor
Why solve this via private message? . .why not share the answer with everyone who is asking the question?
Why solve this via private message? . .why not share the answer with everyone who is asking the question?

10 of 13 (6,892 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 9:40:11 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello nikolya13,

We ask for a private message when we need to get access to customer's account or request some personal information. What can we help you with? Do you have a paper or paperless billing? Paperless billing is always detailed, only paper bill can be simple or detailed and we can help with changing that preference.

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello nikolya13,

We ask for a private message when we need to get access to customer's account or request some personal information. What can we help you with? Do you have a paper or paperless billing? Paperless billing is always detailed, only paper bill can be simple or detailed and we can help with changing that preference.

Please let me know.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 13 (6,834 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 10:20:39 AM
(0)
Employee
Hey
I don't have detailed billing on my own account, but if I remember right, it's a billed feature.
I personally would expect it to be with the rest of your billed features.
On my front page, [I want to . . . ] -> [Manage my plans and services] -> [Add or change service].
I know there are options for paper billing under
[Profile] -> [Update Profile] -> Bill Options, [Paper/Paperless], but I wouldn't think it would be there.

Because the detailed billing is not really a publically offered service, I wouldn't be able to say for sure without trying.
I suspect that why the community manager was recommending you PM him, because, well, it just might not even be available online.

As far as any complaints go for not wanting it to be available online, You can print out just the first few pages, ie the summary. We want those details to be viewable/available to you. If there's details there you don't want a certain someone to see, then you need to split your account/or stop access to that individual.

-Alex
Hey
I don't have detailed billing on my own account, but if I remember right, it's a billed feature.
I personally would expect it to be with the rest of your billed features.
On my front page, [I want to . . . ] -> [Manage my plans and services] -> [Add or change service].
I know there are options for paper billing under
[Profile] -> [Update Profile] -> Bill Options, [Paper/Paperless], but I wouldn't think it would be there.

Because the detailed billing is not really a publically offered service, I wouldn't be able to say for sure without trying.
I suspect that why the community manager was recommending you PM him, because, well, it just might not even be available online.

As far as any complaints go for not wanting it to be available online, You can print out just the first few pages, ie the summary. We want those details to be viewable/available to you. If there's details there you don't want a certain someone to see, then you need to split your account/or stop access to that individual.

-Alex

12 of 13 (6,830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2014 8:42:24 AM
(0)
Mentor

I know this is an OLD thread but I just signed up for the 10GB share plan and just want to confirm that the paper bill does NOT contain detail billing (details on numbers dialed and data)

Thanks

I know this is an OLD thread but I just signed up for the 10GB share plan and just want to confirm that the paper bill does NOT contain detail billing (details on numbers dialed and data)

Thanks

13 of 13 (5,199 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments