Need help understanding your bill?
Bowen24H's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 2:53 AM

How much to add a line with an Iphone 3gs if you haven't had your contract for 2 years

I was curious before I go spend money buying an IPhone 3gs online(not from at&t) and I haven't had my contract for one year how much it would cost me because when I first signed my contract it cost $500 to get an Iphone and another line (not smartphone). Thank you to someone who has experience and is able to answer this question

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Log in to your ATT account and select Add a Line ($9.99), and a selection of phones available will come up.

iPhones have special rules. Smiley Wink  But as far as I know, it's still $9.99 to add a line.

Do you have a Family Talk plan?

Forgot to add, it will cost you a one-time $36 Activation Fee, unless you can find a phone or deal that waives it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

Couple of other things

1. the iphone will require a data plan, so there is a cost associated with the line over and about the 9.99 for the additonal line, the amout depends on the data plan you choose.

2. deposit - depends, if you have had your current plan for while and had a record of paying your bill on time and not having any late payments then you probably will not be a deposit required, this is dependent on lenght of service and payment history.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.