For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
kmtn326's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, September 4th, 2017 1:13 AM

How do I view prices with nothing to do with DirectTV?

Simple question: How do I view cellphone and plan prices with nothing to do with DirectTV on your website?

https://www.att.com/cellphones/samsung/galaxy-note8.html#sku=sku8440478

This is insane. When I purchased my last Jaguar, I did not have to look at vacuum cleaners or other irrelevant items!

I want to have nothing to do with DirectTV. Period. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html  Just scroll down, the plan info without Directv is below.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

That does not help me. I want to see what the TRUE cost of the Samsung Phone on the link i provided. All the prices quoted require a DirectTV service!

Why does AT&T hide the TRUE cost for their products? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

The phone is $950.  If you don't have TV service you would not be eligible to add a line and get a BOGO.

The $200 trade in offer is available without adding any services or extra lines or phones.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Wouldn't it be great if AT&T were ethical enough to actually allow you to see the deals which apply? Instead of false advertisement and manipulative content that rely upon some sub-asterisk of an asterisk of legal gobbly go@k. 

Well, i won't waste my time with this company any more. I had though of switching back, but I'll stay with Verizon. At least I can easily see the true prices without having to buy a camel, or look at vacuum cleaners. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

The prices are clear and in bold print.  How can you miss it?

Any promotional deals are detailed at the bottom of ATT sales page for each phone.  Verizon doesn't have the details on their sales page.  Not sure why this is a problem for you.  

IMG_6187.PNGIMG_6188.PNG

2 Attachments

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Why is it a problem for me? I haven't

[Inappropriate content removed]

out my expectations on how ethical a company should be!

When I am looking at potatoes at the supermarket, I don't want to be accosted with 'deals' involving maid services. 

Also: Notice that "Get up to 50% off with trade in"? Not a mention of DirectTV one bit! 

What the heck does satellite/tv have to do with a cellular plan? NOTHING. Just like buying my jaguar didn't involve a long marketing gimmick about vacuum cleaners. Nor do picking up an Idaho spuds at the grocery store have anything to do with cleaning my bathroom. 

You may like having irrelevant cr@p lumped into marketing, but I simply have higher standards.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@kmtn326  

Watch your language.  This is a customer populated forum.  Rude posts are not tolerated and you've been a pip from first post.  If you don't like the price, stay where you are, not skin off our noses.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@kmtn326 wrote:

Just like buying my jaguar didn't involve a long marketing gimmick about vacuum cleaners. Nor do picking up an Idaho spuds at the grocery store have anything to do with cleaning my bathroom. 

WRONG! The advertisement newspaper at the grocery store has cleaning supplies and food and booze and includes whatever other products the grocery store sells. And they may do deals like buy 4 of these items from all over the store and we'll give you $1 off each one.

Hotels offer massages and local tours and other services that they sell.

What the heck does satellite/tv have to do with a cellular plan? NOTHING.

Satellite and streaming are other services that AT&T sells (they only have a half/dozen services) that they will combine for a pretty good discount with Unlimited Plus.  $25 a month isn't to bad.

Just like offers for insurance on your phone, if you don't want it, don't read it and skip over it. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L  Dude....feeding the troll? 👹

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L  Dude....feeding the troll? 👹

Just smacking it with a rolled up grocery store circular!  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.