Need help understanding your bill?
illestbk's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 13th, 2017 7:56 PM

How do I pay the bill after service cancellation????

I want to payoff my phone as well as my service fee.

But it's almost impossible for me to pay this through phone, online, or app.

At this point, what option do I have?

I want to payoff my phone ASAP and have it unlocked.

Thank you.

Respectfully yours,

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@illestbk Sorry. The best option would have been to pay it off and unlock it before you left. Now that you aren't a customer, you aren't able to log in to pay it off. 

Now you'll need to wait until they generate a bill for you and mail it out. ONCE it's been generated they might let you call in to pay it off but not before it actually exists. They pretty much won't let you do anything at this point until the bill is ready.

The bill generation delay makes sense if you think of it kind of like how (for example) my billing period ends on the 21st, but there isn't a bill ready on the 21st, it takes a few days (or more) for it to be generate, it's not just "ready" on the 22nd. 

I don't know when they wait to generate your final bill: the next weekly billing period, the normal end of your period or..? That's a lot of leeway, unless your billing period was about to end in a few days anyways.

(Also, don't be surprised that they don't prorate your last month, none of the "big 4" do)

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

@garylapointe Thank you for the prompt response!

If I had paperless option, will they still send me the final "paper bill" to my address??

I should have done some research before I move my account to elsewhere.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@illestbk wrote:

@Gary L Thank you for the prompt response!

If I had paperless option, will they still send me the final "paper bill" to my address??

I should have done some research before I move my account to elsewhere.

Yes. Final bill is a paper bill by US Mail to the billing address on your account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.