Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I get my final wireless bill amount?

Teacher

How do I get my final wireless bill amount?

I cancelled my AT&T wireless account on August 10, 2017 but AT&T is billing me for the entire billing period of August 10, 2016 - September 9, 2017. How can I obtain my "true" amount due before the due date of August 29? I do not want to overpay and have to wait on a reimbursement.

Message 1 of 34
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by Gary L
‎08-28-2017 8:44 AM

Re: How do I get my final wireless bill amount?

No wireless carrier prorates the final bill.  You are billed "month to month ". The bill is correct.  

We advise people to leave 1-2 days before the end of a bill cycle to avoid paying for a month they don't use.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 34
Teacher

Well at least AT&T earns their reputation for poor customer service
honestly.
Message 3 of 34
ACE - Expert

@DaSnoman wrote:
Well at least AT&T earns their reputation for poor customer service
honestly.

All the major carriers do not prorate the final month.

Who did you switch to? I bet they do the same.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 34
Teacher

I switched to T-Mobile.

Two lines, unlimited calls, text and data usage.

All for $60 per month. Heart

Message 5 of 34
ACE - Expert

Unless you have a phone to payoff, your final bill should be the same as every previous bill, al least for the service charges.

Message 6 of 34
ACE - Expert

@DaSnoman wrote:

I switched to T-Mobile.

Two lines, unlimited calls, text and data usage.

All for $60 per month. Heart

By your definition, they have poor customer service too. They also don't prorate the last month.

That's a nice senior plan though! 

AT&T's senior plan is so poor it's not even worth mentioning.

I'd think they lower the video to SD quality and have have the free 3G tethering hotspot on that plan, right?

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 7 of 34
Teacher

AT&T said their equivalent plan for two unlimited lines was $120 per month.  

Message 8 of 34
ACE - Expert

@DaSnoman wrote:

AT&T said their equivalent plan for two unlimited lines was $120 per month.  

Ok. 

But comparing two plans is useless if the one has coverage in the spots where you need and the other does not.  

I'm not paying AT&T only for my plan, I'm paying them for my coverage.  

$1 isn't cheap enough if you don't have coverage where you need it. 

Message 9 of 34
Teacher

How long have you been working for AT&T?
Message 10 of 34
ACE - Master

@DaSnoman wrote:

No one in this thread works for AT&T. AT&T employees are easily identified as they have "employee" under their user name as well as a disclaimer that they are giving only their own opinion. 

Message 11 of 34
ACE - Sage

No one who posted here works for ATT.  This is a customer populated forum.  Customer support or employees are clearly marked as such.

I am definitely paying for the plan and coverage.  I have 20 gigs, which we don't make a dent in, 4 phone lines and 2 tablets for $179 total after taxes.   It would cost me $30 more a month to go to T-mobile which has no reception in my area.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 12 of 34
ACE - Expert

@DaSnoman wrote:

Me? I'm the guy that just said "AT&T's senior plan is so poor it's not even worth mentioning"!

I'd think that would be frowned upon if I worked for them.

I don't believe anyone in this thread works for AT&T, usernames should all be clearly marked if they do (with employee or something).

I'd love to switch to a carrier that costs less!

I just get too many people (strangers) commenting when I travel to the nooks and crannies in Michigan that they want to know who my carrier is (these are people with Verizon and T-Mobile) that it makes me think I've got me some pretty good service here.

Message 13 of 34
Teacher

That post is a little creepy Smiley Surprised

Message 14 of 34

I switched to Verizon on 8/13.  My AT&T bill started that day.  Three different service reps over the last 6 weeks assured me I was getting a pro-rated bill.  Today I got a nasty letter from AT&T threatening to turn me over to collections for $146.28.  I will never use AT&T again for anything.   

Message 15 of 34
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support