Need help understanding your bill?
Jeff31572's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 24th, 2014 3:23 PM

How dare ATT enroll me in paperless billing when it was not asked for.

I cannot wait and I may not, to gwet out from under the ATT nighmare.  We got a call a bill was past due.  We are never past due on anything! Magically no bill was recieved for March or April...Att's answer check with the postman!!!!!! We live in a 200 Apartment coop and the postman did not choose to throw our bills out!!!!!.I tell the agent we are sending out the payment this evening. I hang up.  Next day another call!!!!!! So obviously tyhe idoit who I told the payment was being sent did not put it in the record or ATT just wantys to be a pain!!!! I call back and demand to speak with a Manager.  The manager then tells me that someone had changed our account to paperless billing!!!!! Was it the Ghost from XMAS past?????? I repeat the payments wer sent out yesterday. It is now two days later and they call again. I will be closing our account and going to Verizon or T moble for all 3 phones we have.

Oh and buy the way did you folks get the email about PRIVACY???

"AT&T companies that provide telecommunications and interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service (which permits VoIP customers to both send and receive calls to/from customers with traditional telephone/telecommunications service) would like to share your customer proprietary network information within the AT&T family of companies for our own marketing purposes, including using that information to offer you additional products and services."

ATT HAS THE ARROGANCE TO PRESUPPOSE THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION AND THEN FORCE YOU TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF FORCING THEM TO RESTRICT THEIR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION. 

OF COURSE THE CONCEPT OF ASKING CUSTOMERS TO GO THROUGH A PROCCESS TO ENROLL IS BEYOND THEIR POLICY EVEN THOUGH IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO TO MAINTAIN PEOPLES PRIVACY AND NOT BEING DISTURBED BY CONSTANT MARKETING EFFORTS FROM THEM!!!!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Good point.  

No bill = no payment due?

That like the old joke, "how can I be overdrawn?  I still have checks left."

This is why I like auto pay.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

This thread was clearly not started to discuss the relative merits of paper vs. paperless billing. Surely there are many threads dealing with that subject.  Paperless clearly has many benefits.  But again, a particular person's preference for paperless is irrelevant here.  That you seem incapable of understanding of why a person may prefer paper is fascinating, but also irrelevant.  The issue of this thread is AT&T's unscrupulous practices in attempting to evade responsibility to customers by converting paper bills to paperless without prior consent.

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

8 years ago

@Footay AT&T has no interest in if you have paperless billing or not. As has been stated the OP at some point in time opted-IN and has simply frogotten about doing so. There is no benefit to AT&T to opt  people in w/o their consent.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Footay

As mentioned in reply 4,5 and 7 ATT didn't change it.  Without meaning to you did.

ATT doesn't make changes without permission, previous notice, or in your contract to make changes.

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

8 years ago

Think of the positive affect on the environment though!

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

You really can't understand why AT&T sees a tremendous cost savings by not generating and mailing paper bills?  Unless a charity performs this process for AT&T, the first sentence of your response is absurd.

The issue of whether the OP was opted-in is not in doubt.  But that is not the point.  The point is consent.  No one, other than the OP can possible know with certainty whether the OP intended to request paperless billing.  Other posters can only speculate all day long.

Finally, there is absolutely a gigantic and irrefutable benefit for AT&T to opt people in w/o their consent.  Only a portion of those victims will choose to request a paper bill.  AT&T gains a cost savings for each person that doesn't request a paper bill.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T's account management system ABSOLUTELY WILL auto enroll your account for paperless billing.  The big problem is they don't tell you when they do it.  But if YOU choose paperless billing then you should get an email confirmation on it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

The current default is as written in the terms of service, paperless bill

Notification is sent to both to my email and I get a text when my bill is ready and another when it is paid by auto pay.   

Save a tree folks.  Wireless bills are many pages long.  Mine is typically 35 pages or more.

Here it is in the terms of service:

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement-list.html

How Will I Receive My Bill? What Charges Am I Responsible For? How Much Time Do I Have To Dispute My Bill?
You will receive an electronic (paperless) bill at AT&T's online account management site unless you tell us you want a paper bill. You will be given the option to choose electronic billing or paper billing when you purchase service. Each month we will send you an email notice when your electronic bill is available online. This will be sent to your official email address on file with AT&T. You are required to keep your email address current and to notify us immediately of any change in your email address. You always have the option of switching back to a paper bill by changing your billing preferences at AT&T's online account management site. You will not receive a paper bill in the mail unless you expressly request one.

You are responsible for paying all charges for or resulting from Services provided under this Agreement, including any activation fee that may apply to each voice or data line. You will receive monthly bills that are due in full.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

The problem isn't choice I can choose to have paper or paperless billing.  The problem is coercion.  I have always chosen to received paper bills and will continue to do so.  However, when the nag screen asks you each and every time you log in to your account if you want to switch to paperless billing and each time you are FORCED to choose the "No Thanks" option there is a problem.  Furthermore, when the "system" eventually learns that you are not going to willingly change your mind and therefore automatically enrolls your account into the paperless billing option anyway and doesn't tell you about it, THAT IS A PROBLEM!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

I get asked something each and every time I sign in because all of my devices are paid off in full. 
so what?

Its advertising.....

This is what I get today, when I login, then when I request to see my wireless bill.

image.png

image.jpeg

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.