For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jem2242's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 8th, 2017 4:12 PM

Horrible customer service!

I am currently on my third call today since 8am. First rep was Nikita and she was trying to transfer me over to Loyalty, I told her that I wanted to continue with customer care first, then to loyalty, she said she would help me, then hung up. Second call's rep was Duane. Duane sounded drunk, slurred his speech and was rude. He was asking me when I changed my phone plan and I told him it was not my job to look up those items. I wanted to express my discontent with the service and he rudely said that he will look for it...I requested to speak to a manager, he said he would transfer me, never did and then said, "you know I have waisted a lot of your time already, let me just transfer you to Loyalty" I was talking when we transferred me. Then.....I was on hold and it hung up. Prior to him transferring me, I asked him what would loyalty be able to do for me regarding charges on a tablet that should not be there and he said he didn't really know so he decides to transfer me anyway. I am currently on the third call today on hold waiting for a rep.

I am on the verge of tears since I have had horrible customer service from ATT this past year. I am disputing a tablet that should not be on my bill including the date overcharge. I am disputing tablet charges for the past months since they were not supposed to be there after I took care of it the first time back in March. I am disputing long distance charges on both my cell phones when I already have long distance built into my plan.  I am unhappy with customer service.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@jem2242 Something is broken with your account. We get it, but those people you're getting on the phone did NOT break it. (So don't snap at them and tell them "it's not your job" and then be surprised when they don't help you).

2) They don't want to give you bad news, you might rate their call poorly.

C) I'm not sure what tablet charges you have or someone could make suggestions on that?

This may or may not be related:

If you signed up for for a free or cheap tablet, it requires paid cellular service to get the bill credits for the tablet. Cellular companies don't supply discounted devices and not require a service commitment for those devices.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L Thank you for your very educated response. I am glad that you found my post entertaining enough that you felt the need to respond. Just so that you can have all the information:
a) I reported the rep and my recorded conversation was sent with my complaint (rep was giving me misleading information and sounded drunk as well as rude, hence my comment)
b) I have had multiple horrible experiences with customer care for AT&T and being that this was no isolated incident, I decided to voice my discontent on this forum.
c) if you have no helpful comments that can benefit other customers that go through the same, then you really should keep your comments to yourself

Respectfully,
Jem2242

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

I see no reason to deal with a call center, because that's what you get Saturday.  

Either ask for loyalty/retentions, or send a message to the advance support team by clicking here @ATTMobilityCare.    

I gather you canceled a tablet line in March.  You have the right to ask for back credits, but ATT may only go back 3 bills.  As @Gary L alluded to, if a tablet is in a contract you might incur an ETF.  

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you. Your comment was way more helpful than the person before you.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@jem2242 wrote:

c) if you have no helpful comments that can benefit other customers that go through the same, then you really should keep your comments to yourself

Actually my comment of "They don't want to give you bad news, you might rate their call poorly" is a VERY helpful comment. Once you understand that they don't want to give you bad news, it can make a lot of support issues make a lot more sense.

The useful tablet info was more for the benefit of other customers than for you.  It's probably too late for you, but I can only guess on that one, since you provided no more info. Although, I specifically asked you about the tablet charges...

a) I reported the rep and my recorded conversation was sent with my complaint (rep was giving me misleading information and sounded drunk as well as rude, hence my comment)

My other comment was about customers being nice to the staff and that they likely didn't cause your problem ("I told him it was not my job to look up those items"), but you totally cleared that up. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@jem2242   

That part is true.  If they have no good news or don't know what to do, CSRs will pass the buck or hang up rather than risk a lousy follow up rating.  

However this doesn't seem that difficult unless you are asking for more than they can give.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.