Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 8, 2012
7:46:29 AM
View profile
High Second bill

Hello guys I just signed up for Wireless service on November 5 and I was surprised to find out that my second bill is 

$354.97 and my first bill was $105.95. Can anyone help me figure out why this is.

My plan is the Mobile Share with Unlimited Talk and Text with 6 GB of data. And I have 2 HTC One X smartphones on my account. 

Hello guys I just signed up for Wireless service on November 5 and I was surprised to find out that my second bill is 

$354.97 and my first bill was $105.95. Can anyone help me figure out why this is.

My plan is the Mobile Share with Unlimited Talk and Text with 6 GB of data. And I have 2 HTC One X smartphones on my account. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 10, 2012 12:31:00 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hello @grod46, it sounds like the first bill you received was a partial bill. If you started service before the billing date you would be billed initially for only those days. The second bill you received would be a full month of service plus one month in advance. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401260#fbid=dp5zP1iJLoD for more detailed explanations. 

Let us know if this helps! You can also reach me via Private Message if need be (top right, blue envelope). 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

High Second bill

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2012 9:08:41 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Dec 8, 2012 at 9:09:47 AM

grod46 wrote:

did you just switch to mobile share between billing, if so the reason is the bill is pro-rated for your old plan to your new plan, in addition if you just activated the HTC One X's thsat can account for 72.00 of the bill as activation is 36.00 per device one time charge.  Would also need more details on which level of mobile share data allocation you have to assist.

Go through the copy of your bill to see where the additional charges are, each line should be broken down.

grod46 wrote:

did you just switch to mobile share between billing, if so the reason is the bill is pro-rated for your old plan to your new plan, in addition if you just activated the HTC One X's thsat can account for 72.00 of the bill as activation is 36.00 per device one time charge.  Would also need more details on which level of mobile share data allocation you have to assist.

Go through the copy of your bill to see where the additional charges are, each line should be broken down.

Re: High Second bill

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (1,061 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 10, 2012 12:31:00 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hello @grod46, it sounds like the first bill you received was a partial bill. If you started service before the billing date you would be billed initially for only those days. The second bill you received would be a full month of service plus one month in advance. Visit http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401260#fbid=dp5zP1iJLoD for more detailed explanations. 

Let us know if this helps! You can also reach me via Private Message if need be (top right, blue envelope). 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: High Second bill

3 of 3 (977 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments