Need help understanding your bill?
galaltio's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 8:21 AM

Help, unlock my phone

i purchased iphone 5s from ebay, seller told me that it was unlocked from carrier, but now when i received it, it is at&t phone with sim card. i live in europe so there is no coverage to call at&t customer service. then i purchased unlock service from ebay for 5$ and in two days they said that it is in contract and can't be unlocked. i dont know account of seller, also he isn't responding me now on my messages. is there any chance to be this device unlocked? or should i wait until contract expire ?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

File an eBay dispute and prepare to return the phone.  eBay holds up the payment for weeks in case of disputes.  

ATT cannot, will not, and does not have to help you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

yeah i know that i can return, but also i can't because shipping cost from my country to US , is more than 80$ , and ebay told me that i must pay it. is there any chance, that if i wait for a long , will this contract expire? and before it, i can use R-sim

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Maybe. But it's more likely the seller skipped out on paying ATT.  You can also resell the phone to an Att customer as locked.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.