Need help understanding your bill?
treestem's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 5th, 2018 3:38 PM

Help International Data Overage Charges over $1000

Hello,

I was recently billed for over $1000 in overage charges during a trip to Italy. 

My family and I were aware of this risk, so we added the International Day Pass, which covers us for $10 a day when we're in certain countries. Turns out, we were billed for the $10/day + an additional $1000 in overages. 

I went to the AT&T store, where the staff agreed I should not have to pay this. Problem is, no one at the store, nor the 4 other reps I spoke with on the phone are able to do anything. Clearly these charges are erroneous because my International Day Pass is tied to our unlimited plan, meaning there should be no overages possible. 

Can anyone help? This is a nightmare 😞

Derek

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

1262x2250.jpeg.cc5747a66d914fdb868185a9a88144e4.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the bill

1 Attachment

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

6 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like the pay-per-use data charge for airlines ($10.24/MB = $.01/KB). Did any of you use your cell phone on the plane during an international flight? If so, that wouldn't be covered by the International Day Pass. That's why they recommend using Airplane Mode.

Edit: The 14-minute phone call matches too. $3/min x 14 mins. https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/ppu-calling-messaging-rates.html

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@treestem

Where did you go?

Did you cruise?

Use on airplane?

Day pass covers about 100 countries.  Calls or use out of day pass countries is not and passport is needed to reduce costs.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.