Need help understanding your bill?
sms111's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 13th, 2018 12:52 AM

Help International Data Overage Charges over $1000

Before my trip overseas I called in to look into my international roaming options. I found that the international passport plan was best for me. I asked that this be applied to my phone line, the rep set it up with me and said I would see this reflected in my statement. I receive my statement after traveling and see that the passport was never applied and I now have a bill of $360 of charges. This is an error on ATT and I should not carry the burden. I have tried to explain this to several agents and have spent 6 hrs between speaking w the agent and being put on hold. I need help resolving this matter before deciding whether to stay with ATT or move to another provider. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. It is normally not possible to fix roaming charges after you have been billed. Unfortunately, unless you have proof you requested the international plan, they may not accept your claim. Your best bet is to file an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from the Office of the President contacting you. If anyone can fix it, they will. For future reference, international plans can be added and removed online. Human error is eliminated. Even after calling, you could have verified the plan was actually added by looking at your account. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.