Need help understanding your bill?
adaniefei's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 20th, 2016 5:47 PM

Get a Samsung s7 from BestBuy with BOGO and a new line, keeps charging after 3 peyment circles

Hi all,

I got a new Samsung s7 in March, 2016, which is a free one from a new samsung s7 edge with BOGO, as the staff in Bestbuy said. Also I got a new line for it. After 3 payment circles, I found it still charged for device fee. So I connected to ATT and they said they would fix it in the next payment 1 or 2 circles. But nothing happend after I got the billing. Then I connected again and they said oh sorry we would fix this in the next payment billing and nothing changed. 

Am I not qualified yet? Could I get out of this annoying problem? This phone is as a gift from my bf and it really makes us awkward and a little mad...

Thanks a lot!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

Are both phones active on the same postpaid account?  

Both purchased with Next installments?

The free phone must be on Next 24 (30 payments)

http://about.att.com/story/buy_the_new_samsung_galaxy_s7_get_one_free.html

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Liz,
Thanks for your reply! We're all in the same family plan(about 10 in the plan), and the holder is our friend. Is this a postpaid account?
Besides, could you explain more about Next installment? I have no idea about this. Thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@adaniefei

Yes that is postpaid. 

Well that doesn't sound good.   Next is a retail purchase agreement for the phones.   If your bill doesn't show Next installments for the phones, you would already have invalidated the offer.   Check your bill.  It should show Next installment payment  8 or 9 of 30 on the current bill.  

The offer....

Available to new and existing customers
Both phones must be purchased on AT&T Next, our popular installment plan, as follows:
The first phone can be a new line or an upgrade.
The second phone must be a new line and purchased on AT&T Next 24.
Add both phones to a qualified plan, like Mobile Share Value, for as low as $70 a month for two phones.
After three bill cycles or less, you will start to receive up to $695 spread out over 30 monthly bill credits.
Just pay tax on both phones at sale.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Liz,

Is the Next installment like this(This is from a billing about 3 months ago):

Capture.PNG

Thanks!

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@adaniefei wrote:

Capture.PNG 

Just so you know, you'll ALWAYS see this, the credit actually appears somewhere else (if you get it).

WAIT! There's the problem, that's out of 24 payments.  The BOGO free phone needed to be on Next-24 which is 30 installments (the 24 in Next-24 means you can trade up after 24 payments).

From the page that @lizdance40 linked to, it says:

The second phone must be a new line and purchased on AT&T Next 24.

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@adaniefei   

Yup.  In March they required the 30 month Next plan, called Next 24.  

This means credits will not automatically be applied.  

If you added a line for the phone, I suggest you contact ATT again, tell them the store made the error, you requested the BOGO.  The store or ATT put you on the wrong payment plan.   Insist the fix it.  Either change Next plans, or credit you anyway.

Contact either by calling 611 from mobile OR

message here >>> @ATTMobilityCare.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.