For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Daniellexk's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, May 18th, 2017 6:26 PM

Free tablet scam??

I got a free tablet that promise to be charged only 10$ a month. The sad thing was that I signed up for a service in person and the guy deceived me for many things such as only paying 110 for a 6G with my new phone and tablet all together. When I look at my bills the tablet was indeed 10$ but including service charges! Now I have to pay 50 for the tablet and it's service and 66 for my phone line, excluding the 6G. I have canceled the 6G because they were gonna charge me over 130 and drop down to 3G.

How do i talk to a representative about my tablet and its service? I feel like they are cheating me. I'm a new customer and I'm already seeking a new phone company just because I feel like they will continue to lie to me.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

That $10 charge should be for the data service for the tablet and should be the only recurring tablet charge. The only other charge would be a one time activation fee. What other tablet charges are you being billed for?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

If you added a tablet, there is a one time activation fee and probably some prorated partial month charges.  These are not a reflection of your monthly bill.

A 3 gig plan is $40, phone is $20, tablet is $10.   Taxes about $7. Your bill for service should be about $80.   If you have phone installments, or the phone still under contract the bill might be about $20-30 more.   

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Can I send you a copy of my bills. Then you'll help me understand it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I have to pay about 52 in total for the tablet every month. The 10$ for the
tablet itself, 40 for data sharing. The others are like 1$ Tax

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Daniellexk  Somebody screwed up on the plan.  You have 2 plans not one.  You should have one shared data plan of 3 gigs for $40.  If you have 2 data plans, it's wrong.  Call 611 and ask them to put the devices on one account with one shared data plan.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

You can click on my screen name and send a private message.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Yeah looks like two different Mobile Share groups possibly. Call 611 and it can get fixed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I called A T & T with a question. The girl said I could get a free tablet. I asked her if there were any fees. She lied and told me absolutely not. I decided I didn't want it. They sent me an e-mail that I had to click on to accept the terms & conditions. I never sent it back. They mailed me a tablet. Oh well I thought, it's free. By the time I got my bill and saw the charges, they told me it was too late to cancel. I'm stuck paying for two years. A T & T customer service was no help. They claim I accepted their terms. It is a total scam, and they lie. I have been a loyal customer for years, and have been treated horribly.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Same thing happened to me. A scam.  The sales person tried to sweeten the deal by offering a free tablet with a phone purchase, which I jumped at. However, he didn't tell me that the "free" tablet was actually a $10 a month 2 year contract (or whatever they want to call it). Granted, I definitely should have looked at the fine print.  However, I should have also been told about the $10 a month!  From AT&T, I  (a long time loyal customer btw) definitely learned what being scammed feels like. I also always need to look at the fine print.  Free is rarely ever free.  This type of sales tactic has made me never buy phones again from an AT&T store (I buy full price online always). And now that we have no phones being paid for in our monthly bill - my family of four is seriously thinking of switching to another phone company.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I don’t think it is a scam. I think that might actually be legit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.