Need help understanding your bill?
llyublin's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, March 30th, 2017 3:49 PM

Free iPhone with ported number and DirecTV

I signed up for this deal back in October 2016, ported a number from a different provider, had DirecTV as well. Was promised to get a credit for iPhone in 3 billing cycles. Dint happen. Called 7 times, was promised to get the issue fixed, still nothing. Im overcharged by now ~$700. Every time I call again, i have to repeat the whole story again and again, and everytime the ATT rep sounds confused

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

I had to google it.  I'm sure what ATT is looking for is Verizon, T-mobile defectors.  Nothing else really matters.  Which means they should write it that way....

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

I had to google it.  I'm sure what ATT is looking for is Verizon, T-mobile defectors.  Nothing else really matters.  Which means they should write it that way....

I don't care who they want to accept/deny just make a list of one or the other.

Using the work "eligible" and then not defining it (or even explaining it) is disrespectful legal carp...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Very frustrated

I likely should have looked at the forum months ago but I kept thinking I was making progress until yesterday.  I believe that we were eligible for a free iPhone 7 promotion last November when I purchased 4 phones, switched from Dish to DirecTV (paid Dish for contract settlement) and CenturyLink to bundle 3 accounts into 1. We currently receive DirecTV and Centurylink promotional discount but AT&T has never started the credits for the iPhone 7's.  

Each month when I see the bill it reminds me to call AT&T and try to find out why we are not receiving the credits.  The first 4 months their answer was 'it takes a few months after your DirecTV and AT&T bills are combined to start seeing the credits'.  That process took nearly 3 months itself but now when I inquired again this month I got the 'you were not eligible for a promotion' answer.  

Since it's 6 months later putting all the pieces back together is becoming more and difficult but what I remember is that we did not use an AT&T store because they were quoting 3 weeks to delivery, so I opted to order online because we could get the phones in less than a week.  I also swear that the promotion was still being advertised on both DirecTV and ATT websites when I completed the order.  I remember looking at the fine print over and over again especially since we were porting #'s for Republic Wireless to make sure they were not listed as ineligible.  

I find it very hard to believe as careful as I think I am that I would have made a $2600 iPhone mistake, plus $300ish to Dish for breaking our contract plus the 1hr monthly phone call to ATT and DirecTV trying to find out why no credit.  I've been through every department that I can think of with both ATT and DirecTV and continually get passed off to someone else.  I've tried online chat with no luck either.

Looking for suggestions on how to track down all promotions from last year or anything else you may feel is pertinent to my dilemma. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@c2rebel

1.   Not "credits".  Credit.   Singular.  Only one free phone per account.   

2.    Republic Wireless is an MVNO of T Mobile and Sprint.  I have no idea if ATT has it listed as "eligible" or not.  I would think it would be.  

3.  If you used Next installments and paid on time, you should be getting credit for one phone.

Send a message to advanced support by clicking here @ATTMobilityCare.   Please keep coming back and report if you get traction on this.  ATT can and should deny credit for those who did not qualify, but it looks like you did.  They should pony up.  If it doesn't get fixed, let us know and file a complaint with the BBB or your states consumer protection group. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I guess I'm confused by the term one credit? Under the promotion I remember that all 4 phones would be receiving monthly credits when we switched to AT&T and DIRECTV? One of the phones I upgraded the memory so I know the credits would not cover the total cost of my phone but even so 4 phones credited was very good. I will try your link but after the hours of phone calls I have made I'm not holding my breath

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@c2rebel wrote:
I guess I'm confused by the term one credit? Under the promotion I remember that all 4 phones would be receiving monthly credits when we switched to AT&T and DIRECTV? One of the phones I upgraded the memory so I know the credits would not cover the total cost of my phone but even so 4 phones credited was very good. I will try your link but after the hours of phone calls I have made I'm not holding my breath

There was a limit of one free iPhone per year per plan. (sorry)

@lizdance40 Any chance there was a iPhone 7 BOGO in November? 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

The free phone with Direct TV for porting from another carrier was 9/25 all the way up to the holiday BOGO.  Then began again after the holidays.  Don't remember when it stopped in favor of a Bogo with Direct TV.  

IMG_4773.PNG

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

The free phone with Direct TV for porting from another carrier was 9/25 all the way up to the holiday BOGO.  Then began again after the holidays.  Don't remember when it stopped in favor of a Bogo with Direct TV.  

THANKS @lizdance40!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

The holiday Bogo, not Black Friday.  The holiday Bogo was just 12/16 to 12/24.    If the phones were purchased in October or November It was still the one free phone for porting in with Direct TV service. 

I cant confirm the Bogo was offered without knowing when phones were purchased and matching to a promotional date.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

lizdance40 wrote: 

I cant confirm the Bogo was offered without knowing when phones were purchased and matching to a promotional date.

All I know is they purchased in November, @c2rebel will need to be specific as to when...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.