Need help understanding your bill?
davidvsgoliath's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 6th, 2014 3:46 AM

Closed

Formal Complaints to the FCC

I wish to file a formal complaint against AT&T, for their billing practices, and lack of accountability.  Has anyone had success doing this, and if so, could you provide some insight into the best way to concisely file a complaint?  I honestly feel AT&T has gottten too big to address any issue.  It is really hit or miss when calling customer service, or billing, and hang-ups are routine.  I went to the local AT&T store this evening, out of total frustration, and they hung up on their own associate twice.  I provided my AT&T statement, and two bank statements.  The associate could see why I was upset, and spent over an hour trying to help.  It's beyond ridiculous.  So far they have managed to have $125 in bank fees charged to a checking account I am unable to close, because they are charging payments to it, without my permission.  They backed out a payment, over a month after it was paid, caused another fee, then suspended my account for non-payment.  It's nuts.  Thanks to all for any and all help.  I'm ready to organize a boycott at this point.  The word customer seems foreign to them  -- which makes sense in retrospect, as it appears they outsource their billing.   

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We are Customers for ATT UVERSE in Findlay Ohio, 1/2 hour from Lima Ohio and 1 hours to Columbus Ohio. Below is information stating ATT UVERSE option out and will not display WUPW local FOX stations for this area. Why can't you approve ATT UVERSE to use Lima WLIO Fox Local, so we get games and network shows. ATT UVERSE has violated our contract stipulating that Customers were to have 4 Local channels, which now we have channel 13 WTVG, channel 11 WTOL (Raycom) and 24 WNWO only. We are still paying for 4 local channels and it has been 5 months without this service. See below info about contract dispute. 
22MAR2017
AT&T Keeps Local Raycom Media Stations In The Dark
AT&T U-Verse has not restored Raycom Media stations to their lineup in 23 local markets. The stations were dropped from local service as of 11:59pm Eastern Time on March 15, 2017. This disruption of service with Raycom Media represents the fifth time that AT&T U-Verse has had a disruption of service with broadcasters since their merger with DirecTV. Prior to the AT&T merger with DirecTV, AT&T U-Verse had no signal disruptions during retransmission negotiations.

AT&T U-Verse, now combined with DirecTV, appears to be using programming disruptions as an opportunity to switch AT&T U-Verse customers to its DirecTV service. When disgruntled AT&T U- Verse subscribers call to lodge a complaint, they are offered a subscription with DirecTV, the very same company as AT&T. In some instances, subscribers are also pushed to DIRECTV NOW, a service that in many markets does not carry any local broadcast affiliates: a zero-sum game for subscribers.

"Maintaining our connection to our local communities is always the goal in our negotiations. Raycom Media offered 3 extensions through this negotiation process in an effort to continue our negotiations without affecting our viewers on the AT&T U-Verse system," said Pat LaPlatney, Raycom Media President and CEO. "In the last 3 years, Raycom Media has successfully negotiated retransmission consent agreements with 99.5% of operators without an interruption in service. It's difficult to negotiate an agreement if that is not part of the AT&T U-Verse business plan."

Raycom Media reached a total of 11 retransmission agreements with multichannel video programming distributors ("MVPDs") in 2016. The deals covered 41 Raycom Media markets, and maintained service to over 2.5 million subscribers with no disruption, representing over 15% of the total subscriber base that chooses to view Raycom Media programming via a MVPD. 
Read more about AT&T's broader strategy by clicking on these following article links: 
AT&T Takes U Turn on U-Verse as It Pushes Toward Direct TV published by AdvertisingAge. 
A Look At AT&T's Pay TV Business A Year After the DirecTV Deal published by Forbes. 
Did AT&T Force Consumers From U-Verse to DirecTV published by TVFreedom.org.
Copyright 2017 Raycom Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

26MAR2017
Raycom Media Reaches Agreement With AT&T U-Verse
Raycom Media has reached an agreement with AT&T U-Verse to restore Raycom Media stations to the AT&T U-Verse lineup in 23 local markets.

“We are pleased to have reached an agreement that restores our Raycom Media station’s signals on the AT&T U-Verse system.” stated Raycom Media President and CEO, Pat LaPlatney. We apologize to our viewers for this inconvenience, and appreciate their patience during the impasse.

In the last 3 years, Raycom Media has successfully negotiated retransmission consent agreements with 99.5% of operators without an interruption in service.

Please respond to my email the status of this TV service we know longer have since June 2017 and what reimbursement ATT UVERSE will providing to existing Customers. Ken & Nancy Bahler email address; kenbahler2004@yahoo.com

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @davidvsgoliath Welcome to the Forums!

I'm very sorry you're having some issues with your billing. The ATTMobilitycare team will be happy to help you! Please send a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I, too am interested in filing a complaint with the FCC about AT&T's billing practices.  I left AT&T last month for another carrier for a number of reasons, and the experience I just had with customer service folks just sealed the deal on me never returning.  Spoiler alert:  if you ever decide to leave ATT you better leave on the very last day of your billing period.  They bill in advance and do not return any of your money even though you no longer have service for the period they are keeping your money for.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@TARowley wrote:

I, too am interested in filing a complaint with the FCC about AT&T's billing practices.  I left AT&T last month for another carrier for a number of reasons, and the experience I just had with customer service folks just sealed the deal on me never returning.  Spoiler alert:  if you ever decide to leave ATT you better leave on the very last day of your billing period.  They bill in advance and do not return any of your money even though you no longer have service for the period they are keeping your money for.

Guess what, when/if you leave your current carrier, they will do the same thing. None of the wireless carriers prorate the final month's bill. By the way, I'm pretty sure the FCC does not regulate billing practices. Not that it will do any good to complain, though. The thing you want to complain about is in the wireless agreement that you agreed to. 

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Clearly stated in the TOS, which is your contract.

http://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#whatIsTheTermOfMyService

1.5   How Does AT&T Calculate My Bill?

Usage and monthly fees will be billed as specified in your customer service summary or rate plan information online. If the Equipment you order is shipped to you, your Services may be activated before you take delivery of the Equipment so that you can use it promptly upon receipt. Thus, you may be charged for Services while your Equipment is still in transit. If, upon receiving your first bill, you have been charged for Services while your Equipment was in transit, you may contact Customer Care 1-800-331-0500 to request a credit. Except as provided below, monthly Services and certain other charges are billed one month in advance, and there is no proration of such charges if Service is terminated on other than the last day of your billing cycle. Monthly Service and certain other charges are billed in arrears if you’re a former customer of AT&T Wireless and maintain uninterrupted Service on select AT&T rate plans, however, if you elect to receive your bills for your Services combined with your wireline phone bill (where available) you will be billed in advance as provided above. You agree to pay for all services used with your Device.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Wouldn't that be the FTC?

Not that it matters when the billing practices are clearly spelled out and the same for all postpaid carriers.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

UMMM, Mr 4G Sandblaster employee.  Just last year (2015) I recieved a check from Comcast when disconnected service.  It took some time for them to mail the check. Due to their mailing check to incorrect address 2 or 3x or whatever excuse they could find to delay.  However with persistance. I got the money owed after disconnecting service with them.  People whenever possible pay the bill the day you sign up and do it in the name of Jesus. He's our only hope.

Ye 'shuah is King!

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Comcast is not a cellular phone service either. None of the major cellular companies prorate the final month's bill. Not Verizon. Not AT&T. Not T-Mobile. Not Sprint, US Cellular and the majority of the prepaid carriers will not refund anything upon cancellation.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm actually going to file a complaint with the FCC FTC OAG AND BBB,,,,then take my notes and the number of the regional manager and call records 

What they did to my mom and dad was just an out right bait and switch.

The staff has lied and lied and lied.....not ONE willing to help

Promises of call backs......nope

Honor the promo....nope

Instead....blatantly lied to

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

I also will be filing FCC/FTC/BBB/AG complaints about incorrect and unethical billing practices simply because your company has sour grapes that I left over ongoing technical issues, billing issues, and horrible service.  I couldn't use my SMS to send picture texts due to the outdated Microcells you send, you moved me OUT of the coverage area in my town, then billed me wrong 2 months in a row.  When I cancelled out of frustration, now you refuse to credit what I didn't use.  I have TONS of Facebook pages I have for multiple things and I will post to EVERYONE (heard of Pokemon GO) the pages they have will be told in DETAIL about horrible ATT and how much better T-Mobile is too and that is millions of people.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.