Explore & discover

Helpful Links

First bill BOGO question

Highlighted
Contributor

First bill BOGO question

Hello I recently added a line to my account on Feb 5 and went with the bogo galaxy note9 event that was happening. I am just curious if anyone knows how much my first bill will be as I tried asking the instore associate but he wouldn't give me a clear answer. I have searched around the forums trying to find an answer and read about "your first bill" but I'm still having trouble estimating.

Here is some info: I traded in an old phone that was completely paid off and got $200 instore credit which I assume was consumed when initially paying sales tax etc in store. I have been actively searching for info about my first bill and have recently been credited 2 instances of $16.46  on 2/27 and my current due balance is technically -$32.92.

I have the Unlimited & More(SM) Multi Line plan which says in my account will be $145 /month for 2 devices. I do have insurance at $8.99 per phone. I am currently looking to find out how much the phones will actually be in addition to all of these prices already listed. I am aware activation fees will be on there too. My billing cycle has 1 day left so I am thinking my bill will become available to me soon. Any info would be appreciated as I am just trying to figure out the prices. I usually buy a phone straight up from att and pay for service and this is the first time I will be owing on a phone from att. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Kayla25
‎03-01-2019 12:20 PM

Re: First bill BOGO question

Your next bill since you added a line as an existing customer will include added charges for:  

$30 upgrade fee.

a new line fee, same as your old line fee.  ($35)

plus a prorated line fee for the number of days from last months bill.   (Example If you added half way through the month it would be half fee charge $17.50)

and then the installments on both phones.

insurance on the new phone, taxes and fees on the new line. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

@lizdance40 Thank you very much!! 

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

Save this for reference please

9FAB7DB6-A37A-466D-9B5D-B7ECDE406DF3.jpeg

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support