First Bill $654!!

Voyager

First Bill $654!!

Granted, we have 5 lines with $30 data plans and texting, but my proration period was only 3 days before the new billing cycle began. We only have the 700 minute calling plan. This sounds more like two full cycles rather than 3 days plus a full cycle. Does this sound right? $654?!
Message 1 of 9 (2,702 Views)

Re: First Bill $654!!

Probably about right. Remember, $180 is activation fees: 5 x $36 = $180. Plus taxes and proration.

Message 2 of 9 (2,699 Views)
Scholar

Carasu66 wrote:
Granted, we have 5 lines with $30 data plans and texting, but my proration period was only 3 days before the new billing cycle began. We only have the 700 minute calling plan. This sounds more like two full cycles rather than 3 days plus a full cycle. Does this sound right? $654?!

700 minute plan $60.

Unlimited Family Messaging $30

Data Plan $30 x 5

Activation Fee $36 x 5

Added Line $10 x 4

60+30+150+180+40= $460 plus taxes and fees plus whatever amount was prorated for the 3 days.  Definitely less than 2 full cycles.  2 full cycles would be $740 plus taxes and fees. 

Message 3 of 9 (2,694 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carasu66
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi there Carasu!

That seems about right for a first bill for 5 lines. Lets see if my calculations reflect the same result here. Smiley Happy Okay let's get started!

700 minute plan - $60

Data plan - $30 x 5

Family Messaging - $30

Activation fees - $36 x 5

Additonal lines: $10 x 3

For Voice Proration: $60/ 30 (days in a cycle) = $2 a day x 3 (days left in cycle) = $6 + $60 (voice plan) = $66 (not including any minute overages)

Data Proration: $30/ 30 = $1 x 3 = $3 + 30(data plan cost) =$33 x5 (multiplied by the 5 lines) = $ 165 (not including any overages)

Messaging plan: $30/30 = $1 x 3 = $3 + 30(messaging cost) = $33

Activation fees: $36 x 5 = 180

So: $66 + $165 + $33 + $180 + $30 = $474 + taxes for your state = $654

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9 (2,656 Views)
Voyager

Thanks, I guess that is right...just a little shocking to see such a high number; they did give me a decent credit when I called to inquire.
Message 5 of 9 (2,616 Views)
ACE - Professor

I'm glad that the information I provided helped. Your first bill will always be higher than normal since AT&T charges one month in advance. Smiley Happy Your second bill should be a lot lower than the first one! Smiley Wink

~ Evandela

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 9 (2,597 Views)
Contributor

Except my first bill was MUCH lower than my first! Please check my post because im am 100% confused.

Message 7 of 9 (2,573 Views)
Former Community Manager

This is likely due to the date you signed up. 

Between proration and the way your service is billed, it's possible that the bulk of your "start up" costs hit on the second bill. 

If you would like to talk to someone about your bill, I'd be happy to set that up; just let me know!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 9 (2,495 Views)
Contributor

Did you pay the bill already? You could call customer service and ask them if they could waive the activation fee. We switched from tmobile (4yrs) and it saved us $103+ for 3 phones. It worked for uverse too.
Message 9 of 9 (2,437 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.