Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 19, 2012
6:57:11 PM
View profile
Federal Universal Service Charge $20.29 on just one line!

So my wife and I upgraded to iPhone 5s, and I added a line.  I just got my bill to find out I'm paying $20.29 in "Federal Universal Service Charge", just for my line.  Her line is $3.51 for the same fee.

Just before upgrading, I paid $3.64 for this fee.

The account rep I spoke to did not know why it was so much.  Any ideas?  My wife though it might be because I have the "$4.00 per month international plan" on my line.

Total taxes and regulatory fees for my cell phone bill is $32.50 for two lines, when it used to be $7.10 for the single line.  Hmmmm 

So my wife and I upgraded to iPhone 5s, and I added a line.  I just got my bill to find out I'm paying $20.29 in "Federal Universal Service Charge", just for my line.  Her line is $3.51 for the same fee.

Just before upgrading, I paid $3.64 for this fee.

The account rep I spoke to did not know why it was so much.  Any ideas?  My wife though it might be because I have the "$4.00 per month international plan" on my line.

Total taxes and regulatory fees for my cell phone bill is $32.50 for two lines, when it used to be $7.10 for the single line.  Hmmmm 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 20, 2012 8:04:58 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thanks so much for your post. Because you made changes to your account, i.e. added a line, your bill will be higher due to prorated charges, advanced billing, etc. therefore increasing the FUSC, as it is a percentage calculated on all telecommunications charges. Please visit here for a more detailed description http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401260#fbid=vHiROW4c98R

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Federal Universal Service Charge $20.29 on just one line!

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 20, 2012 8:04:58 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thanks so much for your post. Because you made changes to your account, i.e. added a line, your bill will be higher due to prorated charges, advanced billing, etc. therefore increasing the FUSC, as it is a percentage calculated on all telecommunications charges. Please visit here for a more detailed description http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401260#fbid=vHiROW4c98R

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Federal Universal Service Charge $20.29 on just one line!

2 of 2 (2,169 Views)
Solution