For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jayeshgk's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, March 23rd, 2018 9:10 PM

Fake charges for data transfer when "Cellular data" is off on iphone

We did some international travel on certain dates in February.

During this period we were asked to turn roaming off. My wife and I have iphones. So we turned "Cellular data" off, "Roaming on" to off and "Wifi assist" to off.

During this period we got charged EVERYDAY for data transfer fees. Very very weird. No text messages on those days. No calls on those days. Just data transfer fees. Also at odd hours.

We have been on the phone for the last 4 hours. Been hung up on, repeating the same story again and again.

ATT is a ripoff. I am moving on to another network.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@jayeshgk

You said you started an international plan.  Roaming or Long distance?  Passport cover roaming.  

An international long distance plan does not cover roaming out of the US unless using Wifi calling.  

There is no charge for receiving a text while roaming, only sending.  

If you added a roaming plank you would not pay for text, pay a reduced rate for calls and only pay for data that exceeded your pre purchased plan.  Passport is line specific, you have to add to both phones used.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

What are you doing here? Is this a distraction you guys are creating?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@jayeshgk

You're posting on a customer populated forum.  What were you expecting?   This is not how you reach ATT and it doesn’t seem you want the reach ATT.  Your complaining.  We’re explaining based on our experience.  

For example, if you added an international plan, that doesn’t cover roaming.  But it would cover Wifi calling.  

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

“When my cellular data is off, my phone cannot talk to ANY cellular towers. If some other network goofed up and charged it back to ATT and it shows up on my bill what can I do?”

Either your cell phone “talked” to that tower or the provider sent AT&T falsified information that, very coincidentally, just happened to be for a customer that just happened to be traveling overseas around that time. 

Which scenario seems more likely? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@MicCheck  Quite obviously ATT notified every other carrier in Europe to trump up a few extra charges.  The trick was figuring exactly where they actually were to make them look legit.  🙄

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.