Need help understanding your bill?
starri33's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018 4:38 AM

Is this email I received a scam?

Just received a email claiming to be from AT & T, the "subject line" has mistakes as in "Your ATampT; wireless bill is ready to view" the only thing we have from AT & T is our cells.  Isn't wireless the computer service? another redflag was the billing date, we do not pay our bill till late in the month.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@starri33 wrote:

Just received a email claiming to be from AT & T, the "subject line" has mistakes as in "Your ATampT; wireless bill is ready to view" the only thing we have from AT & T is our cells.  Isn't wireless the computer service? another redflag was the billing date, we do not pay our bill till late in the month.

Yep, sounds like a scam. As long as you didn't reply or click any links, you should be fine. 

As an aside, "wireless service" refers to cell phones. 

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Good eye, you're absolutely right - this is not a real AT&T email. 🙂

To report spam, forward it to abuse@att.net. When you forward the email, please be sure to include the full header. Without it, we can't tell where the email came from.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Fraudulent bill received via email ... Login would take you to {link removed per guidelines}

att-bill.JPG

{subject edited as new topic was created}

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

You think you have "false billing", I have really false billing.  I just received an e-Mail from "AT&T Customer Care" stating I have a "Total Balance Due: $1958.55".

Now that would really upset me - except I haven't had AT&T telephone service since 1974.  I don't have an AT&T cell phone, and AT&T has never served my rural area. 

Now that is REALLY "False billing for service I DO NOT HAVE!!!" - but I know it is simply phishing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

how did you do this

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.