Fake billing email, possible phishing scam

Contributor

Fake billing email, possible phishing scam

[ Edited ]

Fraudulent bill received via email ... Login would take you to {link removed per guidelines}

{subject edited as new topic was created}

Message 1 of 3 (5,426 Views)
Contributor

Re: False billing for service I DO NOT HAVE!!!

You think you have "false billing", I have really false billing.  I just received an e-Mail from "AT&T Customer Care" stating I have a "Total Balance Due: $1958.55".

Now that would really upset me - except I haven't had AT&T telephone service since 1974.  I don't have an AT&T cell phone, and AT&T has never served my rural area. 

Now that is REALLY "False billing for service I DO NOT HAVE!!!" - but I know it is simply phishing.

Message 2 of 3 (5,413 Views)
Highlighted
Former Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Fake billing email, possible phishing scam

Good eye, you're absolutely right - this is not a real AT&T email. Smiley Happy

To report spam, forward it to abuse@att.net. When you forward the email, please be sure to include the full header. Without it, we can't tell where the email came from.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (5,412 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.