For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Mofiki's profile

Mentor

• 

63 Messages

Wednesday, July 15th, 2015 12:42 AM

Closed

FIX: Change your Billing Cycle and Due Date!

There are many people angry about the change in billing due dates that have been set by AT&T recently.  There is a way to get your due date back to where you want it but does require a little work on your part.

NOTE: I am not an AT&T Employee, this is just advice from someone doing a little research!

How the change works:

First you will need to contact AT&T customer support (as this is just a customer to customer support forum so nobody here can make changes to your account). Let them know you want to change your billing cycle and due date.

1. First month - you must complete your current billing cycle
  2. Second month - you will have a prorated "short" cycle anywhere from 0-29 days
  3. Third month - you will start with the billing cycle on the new date you select. There are a couple of other requirements below just so you are completely informed when talking to AT&T support. 

Billing Cycle Change Requirements:
Changing your billing cycle is NOT an option in all service areas so contact support at 800-331-0500 to find out if this option is available in your service area.

• Your billing cycle cannot be changed during the five days before or after the close of your current cycle. 
  • Your billing cycle cannot be changed if your account is in a delinquent status, or if the account will fall delinquent before the requested change date. 
  • If you have a payment arrangement set up, the payment arrangement must be made before the billing cycle is changed. 
  • If you have Autopay, you may see two Autopay drafts in one month due to the billing cycle change.

Please keep in mind that when a billing cycle is changed you will see prorated charges to get all of the billing back on track with the new dates.

Understanding that this does create an inconvenience for many people for the first 2 months you will be where you need to be after and back on track.  If anyone has anything to add please do so and I will update my post.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Mofiki

This is a great guide that will be very helpful to any of our customers who wish to change their bill cycle dates! I’d just like to thank you for posting this and add some further expectations.

The balance on the prorated second invoice shows as Past Due on the customer's third invoice, even if it is not. The cycle change process does not impact their account status and corrects itself on subsequent bills. With regards to prorated charges, the customer is provided a video bill with their next statement to help explain the charges.

Thanks!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

BEWARE WHEN TRYING TO CHANGE YOUR BILLING DATE BACK TO WHERE IT WAS. WE WERE CHARGED $59 FOR ASKING THEM TO PUT IT BACK TO THE DATE THAT IT HAS BEEN FOR 12 YEARS !!! EVEN AFTER CALLING TO HAVE THIS FIXED AT&T REFUSES TO HELP US ! WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM DECIDING TO CHANGE THE DUE DATES !!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@truelymine

As written in the guide, you were not charged a fee, you were billed for a partial/prorated month, then your regular monthly bill resumed on the date of your choice.

All customers are given the same number of days to pay - 21 days.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I asked for combine both bills on December 2015. At this day it is not reflected in my bill.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I so agree witj you.  I am on a fixed income, deposited into my account on the same day of each month.   This is how I set my original payment due date.  Once they changed the billing cycle, in essence, I was charged roughly $150.00 (or a full mongth) extra in order to get it changed back.  I was so furious.  I called ATT and they refused to help in any way.  I had been with them for quite a few years and I was so disgusted with this scam that I just dropped them, not paying the extra charge.  I would like to have this issue resolved with ATT but am at a loss as to how to go about it. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was charged $15.00 for a data overage for the billing between July and August. At which time

the person who helped me changed my plan to slower data so I didn't get charged again. 

However my bill still reflects an extra overage charge.  He and I agreed that we could not change the current bill, but it would not carry over to this new bill. Though It has. I do not understand the confusing conversation I had with customer service today.  Please check into this.  As I need to upgrade my phone, but this is too confusing...I have gone over my bill and cannot detect where the extra charges came from. He was not able to settle this for me.  Will you check into why

there is a problem?  He quoted me a price for more than my previous charges, of $116. And change.  I look forward to a reply. Thank You, Debbie Waycasy

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Datadaisy

We cannot check anything on your account.  This is a customer populated forum. Call ATT directly.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

We have a $20+ discount each month which was part of our switching to ATT from Verizon last year. Everything went smoothly until December 2016 when they changed the billing date and we were not given our discount.  They said they couldn't give us 2 discounts in one month even though the billings were for 2 different cycles.  So, essentially we paid an additional $20 for one billing cycle.  Wonder how many others this happened to.....interesting that this came at year end.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@linmar14 wrote:

We have a $20+ discount each month which was part of our switching to ATT from Verizon last year. Everything went smoothly until December 2016 when they changed the billing date and we were not given our discount.  They said they couldn't give us 2 discounts in one month even though the billings were for 2 different cycles.  So, essentially we paid an additional $20 for one billing cycle.  Wonder how many others this happened to.....interesting that this came at year end.  

Discount for what?   ATT doesn't just give discounts.  It's for Bogo credits, out of contract discount, combined billing, or something else.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

BOGO
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.