For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Luanne55's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, December 31st, 2016 9:09 PM

Extremely high data usage

We are at 60+GB used with 10 days to go. My son's phone uses 90% of our total. He and I don't see how it's possible that he has used 54+GB. I have unlimited, so it's not a money matter, but what is going on? Before I changed to unlimited, we stayed close to our limit; only after I changed to unlimited have these insane usage numbers shown up. He works and sleeps, so he isn't on his phone 2/3 of the time. Is there some setting on his phone he needs to change?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I'm not downloading anything. I listen to Pandora, use Facebook, Messenger and occasionally watch videos. I've never used this much data in such a short period of time.. I usually stay below 2gigs. I have the AT&T AXIA. Any help would be appreciated. Container service dropped my call 4times and refused to call back

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It was never mention to be a reply.. it was a question. Yet I can't figure
out how to ask. Please step up AT&T

Associated Member

• 

248 Messages

5 years ago

"I listen to Pandora, use Facebook, Messenger and occasionally watch videos"

All of which requires downloading, a 1 hours long video encoded with h264 averages slightly higher than one MB per second of video

if you're always using Pandora, that's also a massive amount of data, depending on the format each song could be anywhere from 3mb for mp3, to 50mb for lossless(eg FLAC)

Facebook IIRC pre-caches images as you scroll through, which can take up a massive amount of data very quickly as well.

Go into your phone settings and look at what is actually using the data.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Locoyurco wrote:

I'm not downloading anything. I listen to Pandora, use Facebook, Messenger and occasionally watch videos. I've never used this much data in such a short period of time.. I usually stay below 2gigs. I have the AT&T AXIA. Any help would be appreciated. Container service dropped my call 4times and refused to call back

Unless you're connected to WiFi, anything you do on your phone except call and text uses data. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Beginning Oct. 24th thru Oct.28th I supposedly somehow used 80 Gb of data per billing but my phone says slightly more than 700 Mb used; the only issue I noticed was a sudden flood of spam calls started also - could robocalls cause this by calling my phone # repeatedly?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.