Need help understanding your bill?
Jersta's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 5th, 2017 2:50 AM

Extortion! Breach of contract!

I originally had a bundle for Internet and direct TV. I added a wireless phone to the bundle. My original bundle bill for Internet and dtv was 130 dollars/more. My monthly cell phone charges are supposed to be 60 dollars. I was told there will be some extra charges on my first bill and the total for the three bundled together on the first month would be around 240 dollars. I was ok with that. My first bill is $473! Are you kidding me?!?! That is extortion! And a breach of contract! I have had nothing but problems with your billing department and I should have went with spectrum

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Jersta I'm not really sure that's extortion or breach of contract.

Had you actually read your contract to actually find what part you think they are violating??

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jersta wrote:
I originally had a bundle for Internet and direct TV. I added a wireless phone to the bundle. My original bundle bill for Internet and dtv was 130 dollars/more. My monthly cell phone charges are supposed to be 60 dollars. I was told there will be some extra charges on my first bill and the total for the three bundled together on the first month would be around 240 dollars. I was ok with that. My first bill is $473! Are you kidding me?!?! That is extortion! And a breach of contract! I have had nothing but problems with your billing department and I should have went with spectrum

In addition to what @Gary L said, have you looked at the bill closely to see why it might be higher than expected?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I had bought only internet because I own my own VOIP, tv, and other streaming services. My performance at 18 mb was great for a long time recently we noticed a drop in service. Very intermittent. Tracert command was not showing hops so I did an infinite ping test. Found out I would go from 45ms ping to 3355ms ping making everything not work. looked at my account and saw that the dropped my no data cap package. Worked with support many times and found out that I am being throttled. Sales people say it will be fixed if I bundle service or join new offered capped data package. That is extortion and is illegal. I said I am not giving AT&T a cent more. Plus they refused to refund the last month. AT&T gets literally billions of taxpayer's money through FCC subsidies and then craps on the tax payers with data caps illegally not to mention THEIR PART IN PRISM SURVEILLANCE without warrants or just cause.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Freefighter

FYI this is the cellphone forum, not home internet.  

Home internet is sold in price/speed tiers.  If you want a higher tier with a higher cap, you pay more.  

Most home internet has a cap.   Home internet is not throttled, but during time of congestion I have noticed buffering.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

No you need to honor the initial contract with no data cap

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Freefighter wrote:
No you need to honor the initial contract with no data cap

We are fellow customers.  We don't have to "honor" anything. And this is not ATT or the Internet forum.

If you have had service with ATT for over 2 years, you have no contract, but are month to month.   The only agreements are to lock you into a lower price for 1 or 2 years.  After the 1 or 2 years are done, the price and terms can be changed.    

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.