For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Rayosun's profile

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

Monday, April 4th, 2011 1:30 PM

Estimated bill?

Hi guys,

Yesterday evening, I received an e-mail fro at&t stating that I can view my CSS from my wireless account. When I viewed this e-mail, I was surprised to see that the estimated charges would be $174. Further looking at the estimated bill, I just saw a whole mess of prorated fees, and other fees and taxes. My current plan is as follows:

450 Minutes/Rollover/5K Nights and Weekends- 39.99

Messaging Unlimited- 20.00

200MB 4G Data plan- 15.00

This would make make my bills 74.99 before taxes, plus 36.00 for the first bill, making it about $108 or so before taxes. Why did this estimated bill skyrocket to $174? Should I expect to be charged more than $100 with the cheapest plan available? What are prorated changes? I thought they were only applied when a change was made to your plan? If that's the case, why am I seeing this when I did not change my plan at all?

I love my wireless service but I just need a bit of understanding because I don't think anyone would be charged about $70 only in taxes alone. Was this estimated wrong?

Thanks for time and help. I'm looking forward to reading your replies.

~Sunshine :)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Explorer

• 

18 Messages

13 years ago

HI, If this is your first bill sounds about right to me, cell phone companies bill one month in advance, and so you would have prorated charges for partial first month and one month in advance on plan and features and your $36.00 activation fee a one time fee only.

Hope this helps, someone else may be able to explain it better, next month if no changes are made your bill will be exactly what you estimate plus taxes.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

66 Messages

13 years ago

Prorated charges are normal, you will only see them if a change is made to the rate plan or features in mid-billing cycle and on the first bill. You will see the full monthly recurring charges of your plan and features....$39.99, $20.00, $15.00...then partial charges which are prorated. Your next bill should be normal with only your regular monthly fees. The first bill always shows up more than what every other bill is going to be. You are correct, you did not change your plan, you started a plan. So in order to put you into a full billing cycle, the fees must be prorated.

The way it works:

Upon activating new service, the bill cycle defaults to the next available cycle.

Example: Customer activates a line of service with the $39.99 Nation 450 with rollover plan on September 10 and the bill cycle is September 15.

Thus, in this scenario, the full charges would be for the service for the entire month, and the prorated charge would be from the 10th to the 15th

September 10 to 15 = $8 prorated MRC based on six days of service.

I hope that this helps and I didn't confuse you more >.<

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

66 Messages

13 years ago

New York State Taxes Breakdown

I would just add maybe like $5-$10 for taxes honestly

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Thank you so much for your responses! This really helped a lot! 🙂

Mentor

• 

66 Messages

13 years ago

No problem! Glad to have helped! 🙂

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

If I could ask one more question, I just wanted to have an average idea on how the bill would look with taxes for someone living in NY. I'm predicting it could be $87.50 ($174.91 in half) but I just want to make sure. Any idea?

Thanks for your help so far! 🙂

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

13 years ago

Excellent! 😄 Thanks so much for your help again! 🙂

Mentor

• 

66 Messages

13 years ago

lol You're welcome 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.