Need help understanding your bill?
Marstrop1977's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 6th, 2019 2:42 AM

Escalation

How do I contact the escalation department?

An salesman came to my house. I signed up for direct TV uverse because he told me that att had been laying fiber optics cable in my neighborhood. 

He asked me about my wireless provider metro pcs. 

He then offered me to switch to att. He said that my plan would be $75 a month for 2 lines and then I would finance 1 phone at $35 month with another phone being free. He told me that my bill would be no more that $120 month after the first bill which would be like 2 bills. 

I asked him 3 times if this was correct and he assured me that it was. So I switched from metro pcs. 

When i got my first bill it was $420 and going forward it would be $206 before taxes. So I contacted customer care and began to get the run around. Care said they could do nothing and sent me to switch your line department switch you line told me that they only handle reimbursement. I called the salesman and he said I need to talk to billing. Lastly they send me to loyalty department. They can do anything about the bill especially the access fee which I was never told about. The salesmen stands by that he gave me the correct quote and I am not allowed to return the phones but pay for them in full now. 

I was mislead into this plan and should not be expected to pay for this. I can understand a restocking fee even though I was mislead. Every department agrees that i have been mislead but no one will take ownership. This is not right At&t should honor their quote or allow me to go back to metro without these ridiculous penalty. I have a family to support and can not afford the crazy amounts. I would have never accepted the plan if I know the real cost. Please direct me to the right department to give this. Thank you. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for sharing.  I have seen deals like this too.  I will stay away from any further deals from AT&T thanks to your helpful warning.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.