Need help understanding your bill?
jodiclifford's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 21st, 2012 8:46 PM

Employee Discounts

I receive a 20%discount on my AT&T bill as an employee of Directv.  I added another family line to my account and want to verify if I can get a discount for that line as well.  So far it has not shown up.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Because employee discounts vary from company to company, it can be tough to answer questions specifically about your account. 

There is usually one person in the company who is the point of contact for employee discount information (usually in the IT department) who can give you details about your individual benefits. 

Here is a link with an overview of AT&T's employee discount program. It will help answer some of the broader questions.  http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB112885#fbid=X7WFra0HuMr

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@jodiclifford wrote:

I receive a 20%discount on my AT&T bill as an employee of Directv.  I added another family line to my account and want to verify if I can get a discount for that line as well.  So far it has not shown up.

@In most cases the discount is only on the primary line and not any of the other lines added, if they have a smartphone data plan the only plan that is eligible for discount is the 5G @ 50.00, no of the other are. I beleive it can also take a couple of billing cycles to get the discount on if the line qualifies

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

It depends on what type of deal directv has with att also

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@JFizDaWiz wrote:

true, forgot about that little item

Scholar

• 

121 Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@JFizDaWiz wrote:

Especially in light of the fact that your previous comment about the discount only applying to the 5GB is not absolutely correct--I have one unlimited and two 2GB data plans on my lines under my account, and the FAN discount has been--and continues to be--applied to all three data plan lines on my account.  And no I am not mistaking the FAN discount line item applied to my voice service for that of my data plan, in case you might ask.

Now it could be possible down the line that this could change but that would be between my company and AT&T...but until then under the terms of my company's FAN contract the discount applies to all smartphone data plans.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@anton697 wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@JFizDaWiz wrote:

Especially in light of the fact that your previous comment about the discount only applying to the 5GB is not absolutely correct--I have one unlimited and two 2GB data plans on my lines under my account, and the FAN discount has been--and continues to be--applied to all three data plan lines on my account.  And no I am not mistaking the FAN discount line item applied to my voice service for that of my data plan, in case you might ask.

Now it could be possible down the line that this could change but that would be between my company and AT&T...but until then under the terms of my company's FAN contract the discount applies to all smartphone data plans.

you do realize the plans you are speaking of are no longer available right? The 2GB plan you are talking of no longer exists and cannot be obtained, it is a 3GB plan that is not eligible for an employee discount. If your company has a specific contract with att that allows you to obtain the discontinued 2GB plan thne the discount would apply, for the average user off the street that has a simple employee discount this option is not avaialable.

Bottom line - of the current data plans only the 5GB plan is eligible, not talking about discontinued plans, the rules where different

Scholar

• 

121 Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@anton697 wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@JFizDaWiz wrote:

you do realize the plans you are speaking of are no longer available right? The 2GB plan you are talking of no longer exists and cannot be obtained, it is a 3GB plan that is not eligible for an employee discount. If your company has a specific contract with att that allows you to obtain the discontinued 2GB plan thne the discount would apply, for the average user off the street that has a simple employee discount this option is not avaialable.

Bottom line - of the current data plans only the 5GB plan is eligible, not talking about discontinued plans, the rules where different

Please don't make statements that insinuate that I claimed something as fact/possible--I never stated or implied that I could still/continue to obtain a discontinued data plan and get a FAN discount on it.  And yes I do realize that the unlimited and 2 GB plans are no longer available--after all, you're not the only one in this forum who hasn't been living under a rock for at least the last few years. Smiley Wink

And I assume you know for a fact that the 3 GB data plan is not eligible for an employee discount because you somehow have access to each and every single FAN contract that AT&T has on file with each and every single company that has a FAN contract with AT&T?  Since you had claimed in the past that you are not an AT&T employee...you must have quite some pull in order to obtain such information that us mere mortals don't have easy access to.  I mean, seeing how I don't even know which companies do or do not have FANs with AT&T...I wonder how you can make the claim that the 3 GB data plan (absolutely) is not eligible for a employee discount?  Maybe under your FAN it isn't eligible, but to imply that it's not eligible at all?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

The 300mb and 3gb data plans do not get FAN discounts. It's documented somewhere I'm too lazy to look it up

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@anton697 wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@anton697 wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@JFizDaWiz wrote:

Please don't make statements that insinuate that I claimed something as fact/possible--I never stated or implied that I could still/continue to obtain a discontinued data plan and get a FAN discount on it.  And yes I do realize that the unlimited and 2 GB plans are no longer available--after all, you're not the only one in this forum who hasn't been living under a rock for at least the last few years. Smiley Wink

And I assume you know for a fact that the 3 GB data plan is not eligible for an employee discount because you somehow have access to each and every single FAN contract that AT&T has on file with each and every single company that has a FAN contract with AT&T?  Since you had claimed in the past that you are not an AT&T employee...you must have quite some pull in order to obtain such information that us mere mortals don't have easy access to.  I mean, seeing how I don't even know which companies do or do not have FANs with AT&T...I wonder how you can make the claim that the 3 GB data plan (absolutely) is not eligible for a employee discount?  Maybe under your FAN it isn't eligible, but to imply that it's not eligible at all?

Yes I do, becuase it is documented AND our FAN administrator was notified that the discounts for data plans would only apply to the 5gb plan - goahead and change to the new plan and see if you get the discount if you are so sure of it

Scholar

• 

121 Messages

12 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@anton697 wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@anton697 wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@JFizDaWiz wrote:

Yes I do, becuase it is documented AND our FAN administrator was notified that the discounts for data plans would only apply to the 5gb plan - goahead and change to the new plan and see if you get the discount if you are so sure of it

Not sure where you got the idea that I said I was sure that it was possible to (continue) to get a discount on a data plan other than the 5 GB one--all I said was that I'm currently getting the FAN discount on the existing unlimited and 2 GB plans that are on my account and that AFAICT if I were to switch to one of the newer data plans it was still possible to get the discount under MY company's FAN.  You claim that it is documented that only the 5 GB plan qualifies for a FAN discount (if included on a company's FAN contract--not all FANs allow for data plan discounts)--all I ask is that you show me exactly where on AT&T's website does it say that only the 5 GB applies, regardless of company FAN contract.

And oh BTW--why would I want to switch from a $25 2 GB plan to a $30 3 GB one (on two of my three lines) just to prove a (your) point, given that a) I'd have to pay an additional $10 per month (assuming no discount, otherwise it's $7.50), and b) neither of those two lines even come close to using 2 GB per month?  Besides, jamileh indicated that FAN contracts vary from company to company, so unless you've examined the FAN contract for each and every single company that has a FAN plan, your "statement" could be considered fairly broad.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.