Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Early termination fee

Contributor

Early termination fee

If I were to pay off the remaining balance on my phone and then switch carriers before my contract is up, would I get charged an early termination fee? If so, how much would that be? 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎10-09-2019 8:04 AM

Re: Early termination fee

No. You are not on a service contract. Your only obligation is to pay off your phone. There is no ETF.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: Early termination fee

Only Sprint hits you with a double whammy.  I think the only carrier that uses both contract and lease or installments 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support