Need help understanding your bill?
rsewill's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018 6:15 PM

Download detailed billing information?

I want to be able to download in PDF format my detailed bill including information on each text, call and data usage. Like I always have been able to do in the past. Anyway to do this?  I am not interested in the .csv or .xls format but I do want the PDF format that was always available before.  Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Since1996 This article gives you step by step instructions: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1048294

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

I’m not sure why the option isn’t available, but printing an excel or csv file to PDF, should fairly simple. 

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

6 years ago

I too want the, "information on each text, call and data usage".  That is missing from the new bill format.  All numbers called and calls received used to be on the old bill.  Why is this not available any longer?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, it appears the new bill no longer includes the detailed logs. The only way to get them is to pull up the usage details for each individual line and either download it or print it. To get it in PDF form, select print but save it as a PDF rather than print it.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Unfortunately, it appears this very useful and easily provided feature is no longer available, at least from AT&T.  Now when I have an unusual charge on my bill, I will have to call customer service to figure out why the charge exists.  Fortunately, AT&T has plenty of customer service representatives who can spend all the time I need to figure out what is going on with my bill.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@rsewill You don’t have to call. Your call, text and data logs are all still available online, just not the same way you used to get it. 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

That may be the case.  I can certainly download the .csv or .xls data and wade my way through the data.  But the old file required no need for me to parse the data file, all that was needed was to read the long-form statement to figure out exactly where unusual charges were attributable.  My question is why the change?  AT&T can easily generate a complete statement.  I cannot, thus making it difficult to determine why there are additional charges.  Perhaps that is why the company no longer chooses to provide it.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@rsewill wrote:

That may be the case.  I can certainly download the .csv or .xls data and wade my way through the data.  But the old file required no need for me to parse the data file, all that was needed was to read the long-form statement to figure out exactly where unusual charges were attributable.  My question is why the change?  AT&T can easily generate a complete statement.  I cannot, thus making it difficult to determine why there are additional charges.  Perhaps that is why the company no longer chooses to provide it.

You can still see all of the charges. The only reason you would need the full detail is if you wanted to see when a particular call was made that resulted in additional charges (or what line made the call or what number was called)

I know it's difficult to change when you're used to a certain format, but if you take a few minutes look over everything, I think you'll find that it's not nearly as difficult to get what you need as believe it is. 

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

6 years ago

sandblaster or MicCheck, would either of you two walk me through the steps to view my individual call data on each of my 3 lines?  I don't want graphs, I want to see the individual call numbers outgoing and incoming just like I used to see prior to my May 2018 bill.

Thanks.

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

6 years ago

sandblaster,

Thanks for the reply. Wow! The same genius thinking that designed the new GUI for my AT&T DirecTV must have had a hand in the new AT&T Wireless bill. It now takes more TV remote clicks to do the same thing as with the old AT&T DirecTV GUI and now more mouse clicks for my AT&T Wireless bill AND 3 times more of my time to get to the same end as before the new bill format. I would say this is not an improvement for either the satellite TV or wireless phone entity.

At least items of my AT&T Wireless bill aren’t randomly disappearing like the items in the menu of my AT&T DirecTV.  YET!

Again, thanks for your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.