For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
chryssy67's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 9:50 PM

Does it count against me?

I recently switched to wireless from prepaid and received free HBO, which supposedly does NOT count against me when I watch it on my phone.

If I want to tether to my tablet or laptop to watch my free HBO, will that count towards my 10 Gb I get for mobile hotspot?

In other words does watching free HBO on a device other than cell phone, will it deduct it from my data?

Thanks,

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Data is only free if using the Directv or DirectvNow app on a mobile device (meaning phone or tablet). So yes, a tablet tethered via hotspot would be data free but not a laptop. Data is not free if streaming via HBOGo.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

What if I connect phone to tv via HDMI to watch DirecTV or HBO. Is that going to be charged towards my data?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@chryssy67 wrote:
What if I connect phone to tv via HDMI to watch DirecTV or HBO. Is that going to be charged towards my data?

The data won't count but that likely won't work. The Directv and DirectvNow apps do not support the hdmi connection or casting technologies such as airplay or Chromecast. You will likely get sound but no picture.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.