For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Wreckwell's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, February 20th, 2017 3:47 PM

Does AT&T ever quit ripping customers off?

After having my $5/mo text plan automatically upgraded to a $20/mo unlimited plan to avoid a 20 cent overage charge several years ago (which AT&T refused to reverse because the plan was no longer offered) and the now annual $5/mo unlimited data increases. I finally switched carriers last week. Unfortunately, due to AT&Ts nonfunctional device unlock portal on the mobile site I was unable to switch before the billing cycle ended. I was upset about having to pay for another full month because of it, but was willing to accept it. I'm not ok with the billing notification I received this morning AT&T expects me to pay for another month! I may be on a "post paid" plan, but was required to pay two months when I signed up and am actually paying ahead. I checked my records, and verified I'm paid up to March 15th. {edited for word filter evasion}

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Wreckwell Giving one date without any others is difficult to figure out. 

AT&T, actually none of the major carriers, does not prorate the last month. If your cycle ends the 15th and your ported out after that, you've got to pay until the next month until the 15th.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Well Gary, today is is Feb 20th and you've already deduced that the billing cycle ended on the 15th, there's not a very large window left between the two in "last week". If you need a date, my phone was finally unlocked on the 17th after a call to customer service.
As stated I'm ok with paying for this month, silly me for thinking something that is stated as taking up to 48 hours would get done in 72. I'm upset about AT&T wanting to me to pay through Apr 15th.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Wreckwell wrote:
Well Gary, today is is Feb 20th and you've already deduced that the billing cycle ended on the 15th, there's not a very large window left between the two in "last week". If you need a date, my phone was finally unlocked on the 17th after a call to customer service.
As stated I'm ok with paying for this month, silly me for thinking something that is stated as taking up to 48 hours would get done in 72. I'm upset about AT&T wanting to me to pay through Apr 15th.

You've got two new dates in this comment that I didn't have before. How could I have possibly commented before? 

Now that I've got actualy dates I can ask a question:

You left on Feb 17 and your current cycle goes to March 15th, that seems right

Why do you think they are going to make you pay through April 15th?  That doesn't make sense, so if they've e-mailed something or it says it in the computer please include a screen capture so we can help you figure this out...

Maybe this a GoPhone account??

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

No, it is not a GoPhone.

I signed up with AT&T in March of 2010, I've already paid for 84 months of service. This morning I was billed for another month, do the math.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

If your billing cycle ends on the 15th, then you should have been billed for service from Feb 16 to March 15 as your final month. If you are saying you got a bill for service from Mar 16 to April 15, well that is wrong and there is no way you should have to pay for that.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Wreckwell wrote:
I signed up with AT&T in March of 2010, I've already paid for 84 months of service. This morning I was billed for another month, do the math.

You know, I specifically asked for a screen capture because I felt you would respond with something snippy (like "do the math"). 

You've done nothing to show that it's for March 16th to April 15th.

What are the dates on the bill you got today?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Wreckwell wrote:
No, it is not a GoPhone.

here is what my bill says..  I am billed thru jan 26 with a payment due by the 23rd of feb.

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I'm not at home, and logging into the website or app only allows access to my profile. All I have at the moment is an email stating that my bill is available with the amount and date due, no other info is given.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Wreckwell wrote:
I'm not at home, and logging into the website or app only allows access to my profile. All I have at the moment is an email stating that my bill is available with the amount and date due, no other info is given.

Have you had an opportunity to check while at home?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.