Need help understanding your bill?
pbzipp's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 27th, 2017 7:29 PM

Disgruntled Former AT&T customer

February of 2016 I called AT&T to get the $10/month fee for my iPad off of my account. I had sold the iPad and didn't want to pay the $10 fee any more. They told me to suspend the number and even took care of that over the phone. In November, we decided to make the switch to Verizon due to better service in the western part of Montana, mainly. Verizon ported over all my numbers for my 5 phones and assured me that all was good with AT&T, there wasn't anything else I needed to do. Since paying off the balance on my wife's iPhone 6S I assumed I was finished with AT&T. WRONG! I am still being billed because of my data plan that was still tied to the iPad I suspended almost a year earlier. I'm being told that because I didn't cancel the line it held on to the 30gb data plan even though all other lines were ported over to Verizon. When I called to day I was told that "there is nothing AT&T can do about the bill of $222.88 that I know owe. This is just wrong! They should have told me to cancel my number for the iPad when I called in Feb. of 2016.

I guess my question is, How can I get this bill canceled?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

You agreed to suspend a line, which is temporary (6 months).  Rather than cancel it which is permanent. 

When you left ATT you had to cancel any line you didn't port to Verizon.  (Actually surprised you aren't blaming Verizon for not porting a line, not that it was there fault either)

Had you looked on your bill once in while, you would have known you still had a device on the plan.  

It is your job to regularly check your bills for accuracy.  ATT isn't your momma

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yea there is a big difference between cancel and suspend. To be fair, Verizon will do the same thing so it isn't like they won't screw you over either. All cell companies are evil.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.