Need help understanding your bill?
JayJones's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Monday, July 9th, 2018 10:04 PM

Discounts Not Applied

I had a Mobile Share15GB plan with Rollover Post-Paid Wireless account with (3) cell phones and (3) tablets.

I changed the plan to  6GB plan, removed (1) cell phone and all (3) tablets. When I got my 'final' bill for the previous plan, they didn't include the (3) $25 discounts that have always (at least 2-1/2 years) been applied to the cell phones on the account. When I called, the first rep I spoke to agreed it was an error and transferred me to the IMS? department (not sure if that's the right name). That person (Abby ID# AH3630) admitted it was strange but ultimately told me that the discounts "probably stopped or ran out" and would only issue me a $21.03 credit for who knows what. A $21.03 credit for a $96.30 issue is not acceptable and makes zero sense. No one, and no bill, ever stated a duration of those discounts.

I've been an AT&T customer for 15+ years and I really don't want to have to change but I will if this isn't resolved. I understand this is just a forum and a resolution here is not possible. What I'm looking for is if someone has any suggestions to get this resolved so I don't have to leave AT&T.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@JayJones wrote:

Success people! Amelia (ID#AG137C) in the retentions department agreed with my plight and credited the $75! At first she didn't want to and explained that since (1) of the (3) cell phones was removed it eliminated the $25 per line 'out of contract' credit for all (3) lines. When I explained that the cell phone removed was still on the bill she was looking at, she put me on hold again and came back to tell me she couldn't figure it out but would credit the $75 because there should have been no reason for dropping the credits.

By the way, even though I didn't mention the plan change she knew about it and tried to say that was part of the problem. I had to remind her that the bill in question made no mention about the plan change or the removal of devices.

Thank you all very much for deciphering my confusing messages and hanging in there to help me out on this, you all rock!

you should see a credit on next months bill for the difference in the 15gb plan and 6gb plan

Accepted Solution

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

You moved from a MOBILE SHARE VALUE plan to a newer plan. The $25 line credit ONLY applies to MS VALUE plans, not FLEX or ADVANTAGE. It's a different line credit.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@JayJones wrote:

I had a Mobile Share15GB plan with Rollover Post-Paid Wireless account with (3) cell phones and (3) tablets.

I changed the plan to  6GB plan, removed (1) cell phone and all (3) tablets. When I got my 'final' bill for the previous plan, they didn't include the (3) $25 discounts that have always (at least 2-1/2 years) been applied to the cell phones on the account. When I called, the first rep I spoke to agreed it was an error and transferred me to the IMS? department (not sure if that's the right name). That person (Abby ID# AH3630) admitted it was strange but ultimately told me that the discounts "probably stopped or ran out" and would only issue me a $21.03 credit for who knows what. A $21.03 credit for a $96.30 issue is not acceptable and makes zero sense. No one, and no bill, ever stated a duration of those discounts.

I've been an AT&T customer for 15+ years and I really don't want to have to change but I will if this isn't resolved. I understand this is just a forum and a resolution here is not possible. What I'm looking for is if someone has any suggestions to get this resolved so I don't have to leave AT&T.

"Final" bill for the previous plan doesn't make sense. You get a bill every month like normal; it just indicates the change(s) made and prorates if necessary. The discounts were probably off the line fees of your old plan. Since the newer plans have lower line fees, the discounts do not apply. I would expect to see a prorated discount is you changed in the middle of the month, but it totally makes sense that they were removed. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your response.......the bill was for the previous month's
charges and had nothing to do with the change to a different plan.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Ok, I'll explain this again with a little more detail......Of course it wasn't a 'final bill' but it was the 'final bill' for the 15GB plan. My billing cycle is on the 15h of the month. I made the changes to the plan on the 15th. So the higher bill, without the discounts, was for the previous month that has nothing to do with the plan changes.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The $25 discount was for being out of contract. It reduced the $40 line fee to $15 per line. Now, if you are saying your last plan charges for the old plan charged you the full $40 line fee on each line with no discount, that is wrong and should be fixed. However, the new plan has a flat $20 line fee, there are no “out of contract” discounts because they did away with contracts.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

I'm ok with only getting the $20 per line discount from changing plans, that makes sense even though no one told me that. I'm not ok with the $75 (+ the impact it has on the fees) that they didn't apply for the previous month that has nothing to do with changing my plan, which I did on the 15th, which is my billing cycle date. The person told me that the $25 discount per line on the 15GB plan ran out, which sounds like a bunch of hooey based on yours and the others responses.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@JayJones wrote:
Thank you for your response.......the bill was for the previous month's
charges and had nothing to do with the change to a different plan.

Editing based on additional information provided while I was posting.

On May 15 you received a bill for the old plan from May 15 to June 14. . You would have paid that bill toward the beginning of June. 

If you changed plans on June 15, you would have received a bill on June 15 for service from June 15 to July 14. That would have been for the new plan. 

You don't receive a bill for "previous month's charges." Bill are for service in advance. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

My billing cylce is 05/15/18 to 06/14/18. I made the change on 6/15/18. I recieved my new bill on the 20th so I still think those credits should have been applied for the previous month.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@JayJones wrote:

My billing cylce is 05/15/18 to 06/14/18. I made the change on 6/15/18. I recieved my new bill on the 20th so I still think those credits should have been applied for the previous month.

I edited my post. Your 6/15 bill that you received on the 20th is for service from 6/15 to 7/14, i.e. the new plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.