Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Discounts Not Applied

Teacher

Discounts Not Applied

I had a Mobile Share15GB plan with Rollover Post-Paid Wireless account with (3) cell phones and (3) tablets.

I changed the plan to  6GB plan, removed (1) cell phone and all (3) tablets. When I got my 'final' bill for the previous plan, they didn't include the (3) $25 discounts that have always (at least 2-1/2 years) been applied to the cell phones on the account. When I called, the first rep I spoke to agreed it was an error and transferred me to the IMS? department (not sure if that's the right name). That person (Abby ID# AH3630) admitted it was strange but ultimately told me that the discounts "probably stopped or ran out" and would only issue me a $21.03 credit for who knows what. A $21.03 credit for a $96.30 issue is not acceptable and makes zero sense. No one, and no bill, ever stated a duration of those discounts.

I've been an AT&T customer for 15+ years and I really don't want to have to change but I will if this isn't resolved. I understand this is just a forum and a resolution here is not possible. What I'm looking for is if someone has any suggestions to get this resolved so I don't have to leave AT&T.

Message 1 of 34
ACE - Master

YAY! Thanks for following up to let us know it worked out. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 34
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by JayJones
‎07-17-2018 6:54 AM

@JayJones wrote:

Success people! Amelia (ID#AG137C) in the retentions department agreed with my plight and credited the $75! At first she didn't want to and explained that since (1) of the (3) cell phones was removed it eliminated the $25 per line 'out of contract' credit for all (3) lines. When I explained that the cell phone removed was still on the bill she was looking at, she put me on hold again and came back to tell me she couldn't figure it out but would credit the $75 because there should have been no reason for dropping the credits.

By the way, even though I didn't mention the plan change she knew about it and tried to say that was part of the problem. I had to remind her that the bill in question made no mention about the plan change or the removal of devices.

Thank you all very much for deciphering my confusing messages and hanging in there to help me out on this, you all rock!

you should see a credit on next months bill for the difference in the 15gb plan and 6gb plan

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 32 of 34
Highlighted
Teacher

Yep, the difference betweem my last bill and the previous was $96.03 and that's the credit shown on my account right now, all is good!

Message 33 of 34
Teacher

I realized what you were saying after I hit the 'reply' button.....yes, there should be somewhat of a credit from changing plans.

Message 34 of 34
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support