Need help understanding your bill?
JayJones's profile

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

Monday, July 9th, 2018 10:04 PM

Discounts Not Applied

I had a Mobile Share15GB plan with Rollover Post-Paid Wireless account with (3) cell phones and (3) tablets.

I changed the plan to  6GB plan, removed (1) cell phone and all (3) tablets. When I got my 'final' bill for the previous plan, they didn't include the (3) $25 discounts that have always (at least 2-1/2 years) been applied to the cell phones on the account. When I called, the first rep I spoke to agreed it was an error and transferred me to the IMS? department (not sure if that's the right name). That person (Abby ID# AH3630) admitted it was strange but ultimately told me that the discounts "probably stopped or ran out" and would only issue me a $21.03 credit for who knows what. A $21.03 credit for a $96.30 issue is not acceptable and makes zero sense. No one, and no bill, ever stated a duration of those discounts.

I've been an AT&T customer for 15+ years and I really don't want to have to change but I will if this isn't resolved. I understand this is just a forum and a resolution here is not possible. What I'm looking for is if someone has any suggestions to get this resolved so I don't have to leave AT&T.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

I couldn't figure out how to download a PDF so here's a DropBox link to my last two bills.......https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nl127uuzi48weth/AADu_a7Nm1Vro_QYl1gqlHJSa?dl=0

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@JayJones

Got it....   yup.  They messed up and didn’t put the $25 diiscount on each line.  

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Great, now what? Is there some other department I should be calling?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Ask for the loyalty department 

if that doesn’t get the $75, file a BBB complaint.   Just so you have the lingo right, The $25 per line is the out of contract discount on each line.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Great, I'll give that a try, thanks for your help.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

That is so bizarre. I'm not sure how that would happen, but you're absolutely right in assessment of what happened. I agree with @lizdance40; give them one more chance to fix it by calling and if they still give you hassle, file a BBB complaint. In addition to the lingo lizdance provided, stay away from mentioning the plan change. I know that threw me off for a while and, like you said, it has nothing to do with the  billing issue. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Let us know how it goes. We may be able to get someone from the ATTCares team involved if loyalty won’t fix it.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Will do. Understood about not mentioning the plan change. Thanks for hanging in there while I confused the situation.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Will do, thanks.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Success people! Amelia (ID#AG137C) in the retentions department agreed with my plight and credited the $75! At first she didn't want to and explained that since (1) of the (3) cell phones was removed it eliminated the $25 per line 'out of contract' credit for all (3) lines. When I explained that the cell phone removed was still on the bill she was looking at, she put me on hold again and came back to tell me she couldn't figure it out but would credit the $75 because there should have been no reason for dropping the credits.

By the way, even though I didn't mention the plan change she knew about it and tried to say that was part of the problem. I had to remind her that the bill in question made no mention about the plan change or the removal of devices.

Thank you all very much for deciphering my confusing messages and hanging in there to help me out on this, you all rock!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.